Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:06 pm 

Not sure if this subject has been done, used the search engine several times and nothing seemed to come up.

So name Metal's memorable feuds. I'll start:

Dave Vs Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Mike Muir, Fred Durst, His bandmates, The rest of the World, ect.

Last edited by NikeOfSamothrace on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpyreWorks
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
Dave Vs Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Mike Muir, Fred Durst, His bandmates, The rest of the World, ect.

So true :lol:

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:32 pm 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
So list Metal's memorable feuds.

This is where your thread fails. List threads aren't allowed.

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:41 pm 

Dave Mustaine and Kerry King have had an ongoing feud, apparently. If this thread makes it off the ground, I have a feeling Mustaine will be mentioned numerous times. :lol:

werebear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:54 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:
NikeOfSamothrace wrote:

List threads aren't allowed.

Not quite. The Now Playing or Album Purchases are list threads but I can see how topics like this one would fail.

TheNiceNightmare
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:02 pm 

The Norwegian black metal scene versus the Swedish death metal scene. "They play better than us - fuck them". Okay, they didn't say that, and it's not necessarily true (since I love music from both sides), but basically that was some pretty nasty stuff. Apparently some Swedish death metal bands even received death threats, although it's never been made clear to me who specifically received such threats.

Hm, imagine if Mayhem met Dave Mustaine in a bitch-down. Who would win?

Oberst_Orlok_SS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:06 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
The Norwegian black metal scene versus the Swedish death metal scene. "They play better than us - fuck them". Okay, they didn't say that, and it's not necessarily true (since I love music from both sides), but basically that was some pretty nasty stuff. Apparently some Swedish death metal bands even received death threats, although it's never been made clear to me who specifically received such threats.

Neither down for the Count

...she had a drug problem.

HollowedGround
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:17 pm 

Anthrax have had several fueds within. Scott Ian and Charlie seem to fall out with others quite a bit. Neil Turbin, Joey Belladonna, and for a while, John Bush. Speaking of which, anyone know what exactly happened with Joey and teh band around the Killer B's/Persistence of Time albums?

Also, its rumoured that Judas Priest have never really patched up the fall out from 92.

macrocosm wrote:
"You only like metal because you want to suck another mans penis"

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:48 pm 

Not metal but this is in the Tavern so fuck it.

Mogwai have shirts that just say "blur: are shite" on them and don't even say Mogwai anywhere on the shirt. It's been a one-way feud for a long time running now.

COMA VOID - Album out now!
GLOAMING
FAUSTIAN ORBS - Get the tape!

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:51 pm 

werebear wrote:
Snowgrave wrote:
NikeOfSamothrace wrote:

List threads aren't allowed.

Not quite. The Now Playing or Album Purchases are list threads but I can see how topics like this one would fail.

Well yes, those 2 are exceptions. Anyway, I'll swallow my words on this one as people seem to be doing a good job not listing thus far.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm 

Dave Mustaine has feuds with himself. that's why he's always talking about himself in 1st person in his music. when did he have a feud with Fred Durst? that's insulting even for Mustaine. also there's the awful egging of Iron Maiden that happened at Ozzfest by Sharon Osbourne.

can't forget about the huge Gorgoroth controversy that was going on not long ago about the name rights, and the same thing with the Black Sabbath name rights with Ozzy vs Iommi. you know, it seems like some bands like to hate each other, more so than other bands. perhaps metal is an extreme version of High School Musical?

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:48 pm 

Eurnonymous wrote:
when did he have a feud with Fred Durst? that's insulting even for Mustaine.

Apparently Fred Durst said he was a huge fan of Megadeth and Dave ended up snobbing him by calling them crap (or something along those lines.) Dave later apologized and now they are on good terms.

and I switched around the words a little on my first post. This thread is now saved. :D

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:50 pm 

Fred must have heard Risk and thought it was bangin'. kinda like how Corey Taylor once said Death were a big influence on him growing up, although i doubt he's ever heard something as violent as Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy. maybe the more progressive & accessible later material.

caspian
Wanderer of the Wastes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:

Mogwai have shirts that just say "blur: are shite" on them and don't even say Mogwai anywhere on the shirt. It's been a one-way feud for a long time running now.

Yeah, this one's great. Mogwai in general are a bunch of pretty hilarious dudes who certainly enjoy a laugh at other people's expense :lol:

harbringer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:

Is there a reason for this? I don't know much (read: anything) about either band but that sounds hilariously malicious.

SteelCranium
(Short) Buspass Holder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm 

Wasn't there some conflict between the Finnish and Norwegian scenes? Something about Impaled Nazarene and Beherit getting prank called?
This is becoming so cliche... Why not have a change, like a bassist murdering his bands guitarist, or a pissed off quazi dead teen blasting himself with a shotgun as his guitarist makes brain brownies?

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:54 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:

Yeah it is ironic that Darkthrone played death metal very similar to the likes of Entombed and Grave.

Don't Chris Barnes and Seth Putnam hate each other?
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Lippyass Major
Mens Mentis Minor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:55 pm 

Eurnonymous wrote:
Fred must have heard Risk and thought it was bangin'. kinda like how Corey Taylor once said Death were a big influence on him growing up, although i doubt he's ever heard something as violent as Scream Bloody Gore or Leprosy. maybe the more progressive & accessible later material.

It's probably the reverse; Slipknot are a lot sonically closer to old Death than later Death, not that they're very sonically close to either.

Here's some feuds:

Chris Holmes vs. Blackie Lawless- Some time ago Chris challenged Blackie to a physical fight. Chris was angry that Blackie cut his salary and became a millionaire, while he could no longer afford to stay in music and had to leave to work in construction.

Ross the Boss vs Joey DeMaio- Ross started calling Joey too "extreme" in recent interviews and claims to have been fired from Manowar, as opposed to Joey's story that Ross left to play the blues and try making different music. Joey has tried to avoid entering the conflict, as far as I know.

Cronos vs Abaddon- Cronos just hates the guy, says he's a terrible drummer who insists on contributing to projects but just makes them worse. An example was how Abaddon insisted on writing and putting two industrial metal songs on Cast in Stone.

Lemmy vs Blackie Lawless- I guess when Motorhead and W.A.S.P. toured together, Blackie thought W.A.S.P. were the main attraction and according to Lemmy, he hogged the whole dressing room while Motorhead's stuff was in the hallway, amongst other issues of making people wait an hour and half for a sound check.

mehoff_of_jackness
Nationalist Juggalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 pm 

I've heard from this guy named Thamuz who used to post here that Chuck Schuldiner had ongoing fueds with all his bandmates and was a total asshole to everyone. It kind of makes sense when you read his lyrics at times since they come across as very pompous. I'm still a big fan on the band.

I guess Jon Nodviedt and Mustaine had a fued since Mustaine wouldn't tour with them since he's a sissy Christian.

Eurnonymous
Streetcleaner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 pm 

mehoff_of_jackness wrote:
I guess Jon Nodviedt and Mustaine had a fued since Mustaine wouldn't tour with them since he's a sissy Christian.

that happened with Rotting Christ, and i think it was at a festival or local gig in Greece. Megadeth refused to play if they were on the bill.

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm 

MGSX666 wrote:
Don't Chris Barnes and Seth Putnam hate each other?

Nah, Putnam just wrote the "Chris Barnes Is A Fucking Pussy" song as a term of endearment between good friends. "Hey, pass me the nachos, you fucking pussy!" "Sure thing, you inbred motherfucker!" Typical bro stuff.

lord_ghengis
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 am 

Electric Wizard vs Esoteric. EW have a note in one of their albums saying "Fuck you Esoteric", because Esoteric said negative things about the stoner metal scene. I can't quite remember but I don't think they mentioned EW directly, but maybe Orange Goblin or one of the other bands EW is close with.

Kheldar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 am 

What about Glen Benton and the Hoffman brothers.

Whackooyzero
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:06 am 

Eurnonymous wrote:

Considering the later stuff came out when Corey was in his later 20's, I'd have to guess he actually DID hear SBG.

Another feud is between Ritchie Blackmore and Ian Gillan. Kind of sad because now we're stuck with Blackmore's Night *shudders*.

Eurnonymous on Eparistera Daimones wrote:
rumor has it that Tom Warrior's massive guitar tone on this album has been the cause of all the major earthquakes happening worldwide.

Vlachos
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 am 

According to Ozzy, there was never any tension between himself and Dio, that is to say they never had any personal problems with each other. It was a feud or a rivalry nonetheless.
I took advantage of being in 8 feet of ocean water by taking an enormous dump in the water. I had goggles on so I watched it sink to the sand on the ocean floor. It was the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever seen.

Playing online like a true boller right here

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 am 

harbringer wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:

Is there a reason for this? I don't know much (read: anything) about either band but that sounds hilariously malicious.

It's not even really anything really delicious. Basically, in 1999 Blur bumped Mogwai off the main stage for the T in the Park festival and Mogwai were all pissed about it because they think Blur are total crap but were media darlings at the time. I think Stuart from Mogwai was also mad because Blur's album was supposedly a "break up" album or something and he thought it was a shitty thing to do to capitalize on a failed relationship like that. Or something. Whatever the real story may be it's amusing in its childishness but I love Mogwai so I'll take their side in the feud no matter how infantile their position might be. Plus, Blur ARE shite.

COMA VOID - Album out now!
GLOAMING
FAUSTIAN ORBS - Get the tape!

Affliction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 am 

The thread includes artists so, I feel the need to include with amazing piece of artistic history.

Arthur Rimbaud an up and coming french poet of year yonder sent poems to one of his heroes Paul Verlaine, who was an unemployed alcoholic supporting his seventeen year old wife who was pregnant. Anyway the two ended up having a drug and alcohol fueled affair.

The two had an on again, off again relationship which was rough and rocky at best which led to Verlaine leaving his wife and son for Rimbaud. Anyway after a break up and subsequent reunion the two began arguing while both in heavy drinking binges which led to Verlaine shooting Rimbaud.

I'm thinking something similar will happen to Gahhl.

Fanfarigoule
Hypermiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 am 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
and I switched around the words a little on my first post. This thread is now saved. :D

Don't play with the words, that's still exactly the same. You are making a list without any discussion.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 am 

Fanfarigoule wrote:
NikeOfSamothrace wrote:

Don't play with the words, that's still exactly the same. You are making a list without any discussion.

Too bad there's actually a bit of discussion going on here huh.

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 am 

Oberst_Orlok_SS wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:

:lol:

Puns rule, shame on you lot for not picking up on that.

ACM
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 am 

Vince Neil Vs. Axl Rose.

The Backstory:. During the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, former Guns N Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin reportedly hit on Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil’s wife. After the incident was reported to Neil, the enraged frontman vaulted on stage and cold cocked Stradlin all up in his face. Within a few seconds, security had broken up the altercation.

Aftermath: A few days later, an infuriated Axl Rose appeared on MTV and challenged Vince Neil to a parking lot brawl. The offer was soon accepted, but a location could never be agreed upon. Axl’s revenge never took place and both men parted bitter enemies.

A recent interview I saw on VH1 Classic, Vince made a public statement that the offer for a fight still stands.

Fanfarigoule
Hypermiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:41 am 

AppleQueso wrote:
Fanfarigoule wrote:
NikeOfSamothrace wrote:

Too bad there's actually a bit of discussion going on here huh.

Who asked you? If there were no discussion, the thread would already have been locked. I don't have any problems with the thread being kept open thanks to the other users.
The OP has already made worthless threads in the past and is now back with this. So let me do my job and don't bother, OK?

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:43 am 

ACM wrote:
Vince Neil Vs. Axl Rose.

The Backstory:. During the 1989 MTV Video Music Awards, former Guns N Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin reportedly hit on Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neil’s wife. After the incident was reported to Neil, the enraged frontman vaulted on stage and cold cocked Stradlin all up in his face. Within a few seconds, security had broken up the altercation.

Aftermath: A few days later, an infuriated Axl Rose appeared on MTV and challenged Vince Neil to a parking lot brawl. The offer was soon accepted, but a location could never be agreed upon. Axl’s revenge never took place and both men parted bitter enemies.

A recent interview I saw on VH1 Classic, Vince made a public statement that the offer for a fight still stands.

Apparently Stradlin said Neil hits like a Powder Puff lmao. Like Dave, Axl has also been described as an "asshole" by some people.

He also got into a fight with a fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger, after one of the people in his entourage moved his girlfriends drink. I assume he took that as a form of disrespect and decided to fight for her honor.

and I'm also hearing stories about Billy Milano and his hatred for some of the anthrax members though I really have no clue what the rivalry is about.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:52 am 

FierceBlackandWicked wrote:
Chris Holmes vs. Blackie Lawless- Some time ago Chris challenged Blackie to a physical fight. Chris was angry that Blackie cut his salary and became a millionaire, while he could no longer afford to stay in music and had to leave to work in construction.

Lemmy vs Blackie Lawless- I guess when Motorhead and W.A.S.P. toured together, Blackie thought W.A.S.P. were the main attraction and according to Lemmy, he hogged the whole dressing room while Motorhead's stuff was in the hallway, amongst other issues of making people wait an hour and half for a sound check.

Hmm, didn't think Blackie would have all these problems, but I know a lot of the early musicians he played with have huge issues with him. Rik Fox, Randy Piper, and a host of others can't stand him at all and left the band with bitter spirits. I remember reading some interviews with a couple members and they talk about how Blackie was like the square dad and how they'd talk behind his back because of his shitty attitude.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MikeL420
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15 am 

Mateilkrist wrote:
"Hey, pass me the nachos, you fucking pussy!"

hahahahaha.

i think seth and chris should fight. it would be great, we could get it on video and everything.

too bad chris barnes is a pussy.

edit:fucking bbcode

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 am 

Despite Barnes' declining musical abilities, he's fronted two succesful bands, toured worldwide and has many fans. Putnam remains an obscure musician who writes shit grindcore, is a nihilistic misanthrope, and attemped suicide at one point. It's safe to say that Barnes is the winner of this "fight". Not to mention the feud started by Putnam heckling Barnes for no real reason.

LegionarioAnticristo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 pm 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
Not sure if this subject has been done, used the search engine several times and nothing seemed to come up.

So name Metal's memorable feuds. I'll start:

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm 

Chris Barnes may be a pussy, but Seth Putnam is a cunt.

Mateilkrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:57 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
Chris Barnes may be a pussy, but Seth Putnam is a cunt.

And a very Anal one at that.

TheNiceNightmare
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:19 pm 

Bezerko wrote:
Oberst_Orlok_SS wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:

:lol:

Puns rule, shame on you lot for not picking up on that.

I know, I know, but I haven't had the chance to reply to this thread.

But the thing is, Dave wouldn't have the guts to mess with Varg, since he'd probably end up "cutting himself to death on glass" so to speak...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next