Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Umbra999
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:47 pm 

So far my first post here, so I have no idea if this is the right topic for my question.

The criteria to add or refuse bands on 'Metallum' is not really bright. 'Metallum' applying double standards. A few of my favorite bands are Alcest, Violet Cold, Mesarthim, Lustre, Sylvaine, Germ, Heretoir, Abstract Void, Ultar, Peste Noire, Unreqvited, Basarabian Hills, Show Me A Dinosaur, Drudkh, Fen, Astronoid, Midnight Odyssey, The Great Old ones Heilung...

That bands like Abstract Void, Sylvaine, Basarabian Hills,...not deserving a place here, but Mesarthim and Violet Cold, who called themselves not metal at all, but a experimental music project.

And really, Sylvaine, just as artist, but not the band Sylvaine, while this band brings music in the same line as bands like Alcest, Myrkur,...so what's here the reason?

And Astronoid, they never played any kind of metal as main genre, but shoegaze with new wave influences. Also on their last album Radiant Bloom, you will not encounter roar; no harmonious, lucid vocals is all what the clock strikes by Astronoid. In combination with the enormous layer of hypnotic, floating guitar lines, those vocals add wonderfully beautifully to the colorful, lavish and transcendent charge.

So this are a few examples of applying double standards.

Grts,
Umbra

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:49 am 

Yeah rules suck 'round here but the thing is so do the posters. It's one of those things you get used to!

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:42 am 

I don't know, I think our standards have been pretty straightforward for about 21 years now: if it's metal, it's accepted; if it's not, it ain't.

If you feel like you have any legitimate reasons as to why one of those bands should not be listed on the site, you are more than welcome to plead your case for removal in this thread. Conversely, if you think one of your favorite bands we've blacklisted actually deserves to be here, you can make an appeal for them in this forum. But I'll be honest, "they're my favorite, you're using double standards" isn't going to be a good enough reason, so work on your argument before you post again.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.