Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 am 

Hello All, band was rejected and I've copy/pasted responses to the following, please let me know what else would be required:

"We require some context for this alleged release"
- How is/was it being distributed? It was cassette demos distributed at live local shows in the early 2000s.
- How many copies made? There were no inventory counting in that era but batch tapes of 100+ were required to have them made in bulk
- Where can/could this release be purchased? It was never made for purchase, just demo cassette given for free at local shows at the time.
- Could you provide a link to where it can/could be purchased? The only link is a playlist I've made from the 3 songs of the demo which were uploaded on YouTube by John, one of the co-creators of the band. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_h4 ... ANRMtyetV5
- Do/did any distros/labels/shops carry it? No
- Can you provide a photo of multiple copies visible? Can not, digital cameras weren't really around at that time as much as today and likely there wouldn't be photos of the band handing them out.
- Can you provide any more information corroborating distribution, such as people referencing it online, or in tradelists, reviews, articles, flyers, etc.? Each song listed on the youtube has a short description bio of the band.
- Lastly, are you sure this release is/was indeed publicly available and not, for instance, a label-only promo? Yes, I have a conversation with John via DM on Instagram asking for detailed information of his band and this demo specifically for uploading to the Metal Archives. I do take metal history and information seriously as a historian for our genre. I can provide screen shots of our conversation if necessary. If so, please let me know if a website where I can upload images of our conversation. I know there was an image hosting site but I can't remember it's link or where to access it.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 4:34 pm 

I apologize that this seems to have slipped through the cracks, but simply include this information in the submission and re-submitted. It's not blacklisted, so you should be able to just edit it without any issue.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Corpse555
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 2:10 pm 

Great, thank you MetalCuresHeadaches. I will resubmit as suggested.

Reply to topic