Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NotesAndRhymes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:13 pm 

Hello all! I'm NotesAndRhymes! My name comes from the 2009 release from my favorite band of all time, The Proclaimers. Of course, this is primarily a heavy metal forum, and I joined for such reasons!

My favorite subgenre's are thrash metal, power metal, black metal, and death metal. This is probably a very generic list, but I try out every subgenre of heavy metal. I don't like to confine myself to just the subgenre's I already like.

I also joined the main site to hopefully add information to it, as I consider this to be the "wikipedia for heavy metal", as it's such a large repository of information about this type of music.

Last edited by NotesAndRhymes on Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IllBeBach0213
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:57 pm 

Hi everyone. This is the first time I’ve been on this site for many years. I’m just wondering what to do when you’re being bullied?

Mystic_Stylez
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:18 pm 

HI ALL METALHEADS OF MORRIGUN MARTINA ASHBER QHICRUZHIKEY CRUZHI CRUZ@“‘. ITS ME RITCHMOUR C. CRUZ OR RITCHMOUR CRUZ THE ORIGINAL REAL ONE ☝️ NOW I GO BY RITCHMOURKEY CRUZHI QHICRUZHI OF ZEN-KHA OIKRKQkqqhhhHHHZZCXZz HIPHPZHUIKRKQHIIIIKKHZZ ALIEN LORDS FAMILY . ALL OF YOU ARE NOW 888 TRIAD ORGANIZATION MEMBERS . JUST CHAT MORRIGUN OR ME. HERE IS MY FACEBOOK MESSENGER RITCHMOURKEY CRUZHI QHICRUZHI

Intraveinous
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:54 pm 

Hi everyone, i've been lurking on the website for several years and I decided to create an account to share my passion for metal music. I mostly listen to Death and Black Metal, but I like every metal subgenre if it's good and well made. I'm from Quebec, Canada so my main language is french, but I keep getting better in english and hopefully i'll be good enough to write some reviews.

Ali Gothika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:41 am 

Hi---I am Ali Gothika, just wanted to introduce myself...looking forward to finding some excellent metal bands here...8-]]

~Guest 2157929
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:01 pm 

Hey I’m ash, I’m 18, nd I like lots of metal, lookin for cheap quality vinyls and recommendations and discussion about metal, I like slayer, sepultura, malevolent creation, korn, Slipknot, darkthrone, cannibal corpse, cattle decap, dying fetus, sanguisuga, septic flesh, unanimated, metallica, dissection, RÖCHLEN, blade and bath, acid bath, and all other sorts of brain distorting shit, so tapn if your of use.

Only_Perception
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:22 pm 

How long does it take for mods to approve your messages anyways? I wrote a bunch of on topic posts and I'm still waiting like 16 hours afterwards. Are they just lost now forever?

Thatwhichisnot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:44 am 

IllBeBach0213 wrote:
Hi everyone. This is the first time I’ve been on this site for many years. I’m just wondering what to do when you’re being bullied?

Bullied in what way? Hard to give advice with no specifics...

Garrthes
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:27 pm 

Hey there, long time lurker here. Just recently started contributing to the Archives.
Thought I want to give something back after using it for so many years. I discovered great music and musicians which music now follow me nearly every day for half of my life.

I got started into metal by Nightwish, Amorphis and Children of Bodom. But strangely it was the Cannibal Corpse Live Cannibslism DVD that sparked my journey to the more guttural spheres.

Since then Death Metal was like a religion which was fueled by great live concerts by local legends like Pungent Stench, Disastrous Murmur, Khagan, ...

Today I've outgrown style exclusivity and I listen to all kinds of different bands through all subgeneres. Lately my playlist features Raventhrone, Guyođ, Gut, and many more...

I like to support my local artists, luckily we have a semi active band scene where I live and regular concerts. And I like editing information so, here I am :)

Reddevil75
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:23 am 

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum in the sense that I've only just arrived. Behind my nickname hides a male person called Marco. I was born in 1975 and live in Liechtenstein. For those who are not familiar with this country: a) it is located in Europe and b) between Switzerland and Austria and c) it is the sixth smallest country in the world (40,000 inhabitants).

Why am I here? I've been a die-hard metalhead since I was 12 years old. My favourite bands are Judas Priest, Amorphis, Threshold, Katatonia, Sanctuary, Prong, Savatage, Annihilator, Ayreon, Nitrogods, Trivium and many more. We (dark side of me) have also released our second album and are in the process of being 'accepted' here in the archive.

Cheers, Marco

Gullhryndr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:16 am 

Hey everyone. I'm originally from northern California, but I ended up going north to another state. I listened to a lot of thrash/death/crossover in high school, but I found black metal shortly afterward and that's been a lot of what I've been listening to since. I'm a sucker for airy and ambient sounding black metal, and smaller labels. I really like the physical aspect of the genre, like special releases and artwork. Some of my favorite labels are Nordvis and Aetergap, and some of my favorite black metal bands are Panphage, Arckanum, Burzum, Weakling, Panopticon, Falls of Rauros, Nawaharjan, Taake, and Exulansis. Outside of black metal, I also listen to ambient, dungeon synth, indie, jazz fusion, punk/crust/d beat, and drum & bass. In my free time I lift weights, grapple, fence, read, research history/humanities, hike an dbackpack, shoot, drink wine, and sometimes play old video games.

Deadhour
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 am 

Hey everyone. I'm Deadhour and I make ghoulish shrieking noises over blast beats.

Denden64
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:03 pm 

Hi everyone,
Im denden and im into most metal genres, but love death doom black and trash the most.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156