* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:19 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
aaronmb666 wrote:
I beat both Dead Space and Callisto Protocol. Liked both, but like Dead Space more,

Would you say the combat was better in Dead Space?

That was my main issue with Callisto Protocol.

Yeah. Considering the weapons in Dead Space are better. Melee combat didnt get really good in CP until towards the end when you get the good upgrades.

I would play CP 2 if they would make it, but it didnt sell enough.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:44 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
MikeyC wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:
What an absolute TURD Callisto Protocol ended up being. Especially with you saying the Dead Space Remake was one of your favorite games of the year. I wish I had never wasted money on Callisto Protocol and had bought the Dead Space remake instead.

Well, I liked it. :(

Did you play the Dead Space remake? I did not, but would love to hear if someone here has played both.

I haven't, unfortunately, but that game is in my wishlist.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:15 am 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
aaronmb666 wrote:
I beat both Dead Space and Callisto Protocol. Liked both, but like Dead Space more,

Would you say the combat was better in Dead Space?

That was my main issue with Callisto Protocol.

Dead Space of 2008 is better than Callisto Protocol ..
Dead Space Remaster It's not really comparable,too good for a decent game but nothing more…
On every aspect….

Bruh I think too Dead Space 3 is better*(Dead Space 2 is the masterpiece)

Callisto combat system kill the gameplay…

linkavitch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:56 am 

Jonpo wrote:
Y'all know about Vagante? It's from like 2018. The elevator pitch: it's Spelunky the RPG. Or Spelunky Souls, if you will. One of those games that feels like it was made for me.

Fun game but my biggest complaint is how dark the game is, in terms of lighting. Played it Coop with my wife and we had a good time. Furthest we got was floor 4 so will have to play it again and see about getting deeper in the cave.

My GOTY is Pizza Tower because its Wario Land and Sonic and 90s cartoons and pizza all in one.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:26 am 

Ah I bet co op is fun. Probably even more chaotic. Definitely a dark game but I think that's part of the fun. Maybe they've tweaked item drops cause I feel like I get items and scrolls that provide light constantly. I dig playing a rogue, can't get past the giant stone golem in the forest so far.

The controls feel great and every death genuinely feels like my fault. But there's a charm factor that is off the charts for me. Literally down to the way it sounds/feels when you slide down a ladder.

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:49 am 

Finally played Resident Evil 5, I have to say not bad,lost a lot of survival elements and I understand it was divisive but I enjoyed it…

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:42 pm 

Fntastic, the developers of The Day Before, said they are shutting down. Then, as of roughly an hour ago, the game is no longer available to buy on Steam. A mere FOUR DAYS after release.

The game was not what it was promised in the years leading up to the release. That was the biggest problem in my opinion. But there were also claims of the game being a huge asset flip. My heart goes out to the likely very good people and very overworked people at Fntastic that wanted to make the best game possible but were unable to for whatever reason. Whether it was bad management at Fntastic, pressure from the publisher Mytona, public skepticism, or a mixture of these, I hope these people that worked on the game get jobs somewhere else at a developing company that won't scam people out of money.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:01 pm 

Do horror games scare you?

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:16 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
Do horror games scare you?

Only Dead Space in the 2008

Was impossible to be played at night with headphones

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:23 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Fntastic, the developers of The Day Before, said they are shutting down. Then, as of roughly an hour ago, the game is no longer available to buy on Steam. A mere FOUR DAYS after release.

The game was not what it was promised in the years leading up to the release. That was the biggest problem in my opinion. But there were also claims of the game being a huge asset flip. My heart goes out to the likely very good people and very overworked people at Fntastic that wanted to make the best game possible but were unable to for whatever reason. Whether it was bad management at Fntastic, pressure from the publisher Mytona, public skepticism, or a mixture of these, I hope these people that worked on the game get jobs somewhere else at a developing company that won't scam people out of money.

This shit sucks. I had no idea any of this was going on.

They're getting trashed on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/FntasticHQ/status/1 ... 5042391160
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:20 am 

Is Evil West a game worth to trying?

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:56 am 

Lee Harrison wrote:

It's a 7/10 game, I enjoyed it but it was a bit too long and samey. Think a cheap God of War clone + vampires + western but with much less money than GOW.

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:58 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Lee Harrison wrote:

It's a 7/10 game, I enjoyed it but it was a bit too long and samey. Think a cheap God of War clone + vampires + western but with much less money than GOW.

Thank for your reply…

I think I’ll give a shot …

Red Dragoon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:41 pm 

Lee Harrison wrote:
Finally played Resident Evil 5, I have to say not bad,lost a lot of survival elements and I understand it was divisive but I enjoyed it…

I never played any of the RE myself till now, which is The Umbrella Chronicles for the Wiii. Due to a certain voice actor that I'm into. I got to say it feels like Round 1 or Dave & Buster or at the Local Arcade place wit the Gun's controller.

Lee Harrison
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:11 am 

Red Dragoon wrote:
Lee Harrison wrote:

I never played any of the RE myself till now, which is The Umbrella Chronicles for the Wiii. Due to a certain voice actor that I'm into. I got to say it feels like Round 1 or Dave & Buster or at the Local Arcade place wit the Gun's controller.

Until RE 4 are simply a mandatory experience….

Disembodied
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:15 pm 

I've put nearly 40 hours into Elex 2, a 2022 action RPG I doubt anyone else here has played. Been trying to figure out why this particular game is the only type of action RPG I like. Aside from the combat (which I can actually handle for once which is super rare) I think it's just the over the top ridiculousness of it all. You can go around being an absolute dick to everyone or be the stereotypical niceguy and there are pretty much zero consequences for your success. So worrying about whether my dialogue choice will impact my progress is out the window and I'm free to join the BDSM-influenced Morkons who worship pain and death, or kill the guy I'm supposed to be doing a quest for, or steal shit and run away. Only thing that really matters is me staying alive - and quicksave is my friend in that. That's what I want from an action RPG. Love it.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:57 pm 

For those of you who enjoy 2D action platformers, Gravity Circuit has been an absolute blast. It combines the movement of Mega Man X with the combat of Mega Man Zero, but with the 8-bit aesthetic of the classic Mega Man games. Lots of upgrades and customization as well.

Highly recommended!

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:05 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
For those of you who enjoy 2D action platformers, Gravity Circuit has been an absolute blast. It combines the movement of Mega Man X with the combat of Mega Man Zero, but with the 8-bit aesthetic of the classic Mega Man games. Lots of upgrades and customization as well.

Highly recommended!

Did you play The Messenger?

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:11 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
MeavyHetal wrote:

Highly recommended!

Did you play The Messenger?

Love the Messenger, don't remember if I finished the DLC or not though.

AlexMercer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:27 pm 

I,m playing Ready or Not (Tactical Shooter) and the game is great.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:37 am 

Forspoken is on sale for $27 right now.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:44 pm 

Playing through the Super Mario RPG remake.

That Punchinello rematch was really fucking annoying. Total bullshit match. But there is a trick. Have Toadstool in your party and the second Punchinello calls the next wave of bombs, cast Sleepy Time and make sure its perfect so it hits all the bombs so you can buy yourself some time (and hopefully perfect-time -hit them to turn them around.

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

Ali Gothika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:36 am 

I like the old classic video games...Tetris, Pac-Man, etc.-- I own an Atari and an very old style Nintendo...Not into the graphic games like "Grand Theft Auto" for example...

MikeyC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:22 pm 

Ali Gothika wrote:
I like the old classic video games...Tetris, Pac-Man, etc.-- I own an Atari and an very old style Nintendo...Not into the graphic games like "Grand Theft Auto" for example...

My first console was an Atari 2600 or something very similar to that (I can't exactly remember anymore). I had a great time with it. After that was the Sega Master System and I mostly played Alex Kidd on it. I remember my neighbour at the time having a Super Nintendo and I was endlessly jealous. I did get to play it sometimes but never as much as I wanted, and we never got one at home.

--

After all this time, I've finally started playing Red Dead Redemption 2. Never played it before and I'm finally diving in. I'm about 5 hours in and I can already see this game taking all of my time. I'm also giving Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic another go. That game is too hard for me currently and I feel like I need an engineering degree just to understand it, but I managed to get a coal power plant, a sawmill, and a bus route going, and that's plenty for now. :lol:

I tried to play Cities Skylines 2 earlier but it crashed. Not the first time it's happened. I love the series but I think this one needs a little more time in the oven before I play it again.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:21 am 

MikeyC wrote:
My first console was an Atari 2600 or something very similar to that (I can't exactly remember anymore). I had a great time with it. After that was the Sega Master System and I mostly played Alex Kidd on it. I remember my neighbour at the time having a Super Nintendo and I was endlessly jealous. I did get to play it sometimes but never as much as I wanted, and we never got one at home.

--

After all this time, I've finally started playing Red Dead Redemption 2

Did you play anything between the Atari 2600 and RDR2? And If you didn't, was it too difficult for you to get used to these newer games?

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:43 am 

Thexhumed wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

--

After all this time, I've finally started playing Red Dead Redemption 2

Did you play anything between the Atari 2600 and RDR2? And If you didn't, was it too difficult for you to get used to these newer games?

No, I meant that I'm playing RDR2 after its release despite all the critical acclaim and accolades it received. :lol: Sorry for the confusion.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:03 pm 

I got way into Lost Ruins last night. I've owned it for months and months but you know how it goes. Anyways it's a metroidvania with super cute graphics and characters. You play as a literal japanese schoolgirl summoned away to a fantastical land. The combat is dark souls inspired with weighty weapon animations and hard hitting enemies. Also like Dark Souls, they give you so many items, spells, and equipment to make your life easier if you just use your brain. This coupled with the fact that pulling up your menu pauses the game even during combat is SUPER fun. You can figure out what might work against a boss or enemy on the fly.

I'm smitten. Also the new/final Momodora dropped this week. I haven't started it yet but I have high hopes. Reverie Under the Moonlight is one of my all-time favorites. Still need to go back and beat #2 and Minoria.

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:55 pm 

Playing through Final Fantasy 7 Remake in preparation for Rebirth coming out next month, and it appears some of the events in the new trilogy are going to be much different than in the original game. If Tifa ends up dying then it’s gonna be just as devastating for me as when Aerith died in the original :cry: :cry:

Been reading up on a lot of crazy theories as to what might happen

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:16 pm 

I loved the original FFVII.

I was real put off by the fact that they're splitting up one game into god knows how many iterations at $70/piece.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:49 pm 

Go Mecha Ball is an incredibly fun roguelike going under the radar. Essentially a twin stick shooter where you can turn into a pinball like Samus. Bouncing into and bashing off enemies for combos, blasting machine guns when you're unballed. It has that "one more run" factor for sure. The movement is crispy and satisfying, levels designed with ramps and speed-boosts to play off.

I can clear the first four bosses without much trouble but after the fourth boss you can fall off the map resulting in 5 damage and uh...I just go a little too crazy in ball form I suppose.

Red Dragoon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:52 am 

MeavyHetal wrote:
Playing through Final Fantasy 7 Remake in preparation for Rebirth coming out next month, and it appears some of the events in the new trilogy are going to be much different than in the original game. If Tifa ends up dying then it’s gonna be just as devastating for me as when Aerith died in the original :cry: :cry:

Been reading up on a lot of crazy theories as to what might happen

And that's how I love the game since under her alias "Aeris". I'm also thinking about replaying the FF7R trilogy starting from Crisis Core Reunion. In a week before the Rebirth release.

I just beat the Rebirth Demo. Apparently, there is more one demo to go, which hopefully it will unlock soon before the full release for sure.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:13 pm 

Finally got a new computer and I couldn't be happier.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti
Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHz 32GB

with

Nox Hummer TGX Rainbow
ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS
Corsair RMe Series RM750e 750W
Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Acer Predator GM7 2TB SSD

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:57 am 

Great specs. Enjoy your new beast. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:28 am 

Almost a good enough PC to run Cities Skylines II

Boeze bolleke
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:49 pm 

Hyped for FFVII Rebirth!

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:10 pm 

Thanks! I'll try to enjoy it if I figure out why HDMI audio stops after like 15 minutes. I've been trying to solve this for the past 48h and I think I'm going insane. I play whatever through Nvidia High Definition Driver - HDMI - Samsung TV. Sound plays fine (games, films, Youtube, whatever) then it suddenly stops. If I go to sounds, the green bar moves so music is playing. The only way to recover sound is to either ressart or switch audio to any other source (Speakers in this case), then switch it to Nvidia High Definition Driver again. Works for like 15 min, then it fails again. Sometimes closing and opening the app solves the issue (Foobar for example) but it fails again after a while.

Spoiler: show
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

with

Nox Hummer TGX Rainbow

I've tried everything, reinstalled windows several times (both 10 and 11), changed HDMI cable, everything. I must have read like 100 different threads. DO you guys know where I could seek some help?

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:05 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Thanks! I'll try to enjoy it if I figure out why HDMI audio stops after like 15 minutes. I've been trying to solve this for the past 48h and I think I'm going insane. I play whatever through Nvidia High Definition Driver - HDMI - Samsung TV. Sound plays fine (games, films, Youtube, whatever) then it suddenly stops. If I go to sounds, the green bar moves so music is playing. The only way to recover sound is to either ressart or switch audio to any other source (Speakers in this case), then switch it to Nvidia High Definition Driver again. Works for like 15 min, then it fails again. Sometimes closing and opening the app solves the issue (Foobar for example) but it fails again after a while.

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

with

Nox Hummer TGX Rainbow

I've tried everything, reinstalled windows several times (both 10 and 11), changed HDMI cable, everything. I must have read like 100 different threads. DO you guys know where I could seek some help?

I used to have a similar issue years ago. I think I corrected it by going to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, then click on the one you're using, then configure.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:30 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X

with

Nox Hummer TGX Rainbow

I used to have a similar issue years ago. I think I corrected it by going to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, then click on the one you're using, then configure.

Thanks, already tried that and it solves the problem temporarliy. After a while it fails again and the sound stops.

Stephen57
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:08 am 

Every few years I go back to "Age of Empires 2" and I'm currently in one of those periods. Sometimes you need to destroy entire cities with canons.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:11 pm 

The more I play Lies of P the less I like it. It's honestly not a good game and I decided I wasn't having much fun and uninstalled it. I should have trusted my gut when I played the demo and didn't think much of it. Now I feel like I've wasted 50€ and 20 hours of my life.

Long story short, it just copies every From Software Game in the worst way possible. The red blocking stuff they copied from Sekiro doesn't work at all. It's unreliable and unfair. The weapons are all hideous and have weird move sets that feel useless. The shinobi arm they ripped off from Shekiro is completely useless too and haven't used it at all.

Overall combat against uninspired enemies is super bland then you'll suddenly find spongy enemies that insta-kill you with unblockable attacks. You can't block those attacks because the system they implemented is a lottery, there is no way to learn it. It just doesn't work. Sekiro was flawless in thar regard, the system worked and was demanding but very rewarding. This combat system just feels like a chore and doesn't reward you. Doing a perfect block means nothing, you have to perform like 10 in a row for it to be even remotely useful. You will also randomly get hit while evading, which feels super clunky and unreliable.

The story is also dumb as fuck. The game lore and maps are inconsistent too, The industrial revolution stuff doesn't mix really well with the medieval crap they try to pull off, and then there's some stuff that is supposed to be Lovecraftian in style that is just super bland mutation/sickness enemies. Some of the robots are also hideous, what where they thinking?

It's like they tried to mix Dark Souls, Sekiro and Bloodborne into one and they managed to get everything wrong from each of them. This is a 4/10 game at best.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 936, 937, 938, 939, 940  Next