Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:57 pm 

I myself have an ungodly amount of Lego sets. Currently all boxed, rare sets, hard to find sets, discontinued sets... My kids marvel at what could have been more than 1 college tuition. :eek:
Anyone else?

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:56 pm 

Guilty.

Spoiler: show

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:54 pm 

Holy fawk man, hell yes! I have the first big Falcon but not the 800 dollar one.....yet.
I did buy TWO 911 GT3 RS's though hahaha. Still have one NIB that I'm saving.

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:09 pm 

deadtome wrote:
Holy fawk man, hell yes! I have the first big Falcon but not the 800 dollar one.....yet.

I got it at almost half the price (new, unopened) from a second hand seller. One of my best buys.

I also have this beast.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:19 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
deadtome wrote:

I got it at almost half the price (new, unopened) from a second hand seller. One of my best buys.

I also have this beast.

Damn what?? That's a nice find man.
Yep, I have that version of Slave 1 as well, along with a few other smaller ones.
The Death Star II is a must have too.....which I do have as well as the scene version.

Auselesspileofflesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Guilty.

It's beautiful *wipes tear from eye*

Everyone starts out being an atheist. No one is born with belief in anything. Infants are atheists until they are indoctrinated.

https://linktr.ee/awfulnoisegrind

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:22 pm 

I was never all that into Legos growing up, because all I really remember was the big box filled with random legos.

I hung out with some friends a month ago or so and we bought some sets with actual instructions and I had a blast putting it together.

Unfortunately, I liked it so much that I started looking for sets I'd like to get (Ghostbusters, Transformers) and the prices are just too fucking ridiculous.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:32 pm 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Guilty.

How long did it took to build all of that?

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:10 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I was never all that into Legos growing up, because all I really remember was the big box filled with random legos.

I hung out with some friends a month ago or so and we bought some sets with actual instructions and I had a blast putting it together.

Unfortunately, I liked it so much that I started looking for sets I'd like to get (Ghostbusters, Transformers) and the prices are just too fucking ridiculous.

I have all my Legos from childhood and my younger ones play with them now in addition to the dozens of sets I have bought for them specifically. It's great for kids too: helps them pay attention, follow directions and keeps them busy for hours on end......better than faucking screens and video games all day even though they have those too.
Yep, Legos are spendy AF. I have an un opened Ghostbusters HQ that I never got around to building, has over 4K elements....and doesn't even come with a frakking Ecto 1! A major design flaw IMO.
What sets did you buy already?

Gravetemplar
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:27 am 

Slater922 wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
Guilty.

8-9 days if I remember correctly. It's a big one, it has 7541 pieces.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:49 am 

Gravetemplar wrote:
Slater922 wrote:
Gravetemplar wrote:
Guilty.

8-9 days if I remember correctly. It's a big one, it has 7541 pieces.

Back in the days of UN numbered bags......it took me a couple of days to just set up/get organized for the 2008 edition of the Falcon, the largest one of those days. Now it seems like every 6 months they come out with another 'largest set' smh.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:31 pm 

deadtome wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

I have all my Legos from childhood and my younger ones play with them now in addition to the dozens of sets I have bought for them specifically. It's great for kids too: helps them pay attention, follow directions and keeps them busy for hours on end......better than faucking screens and video games all day even though they have those too.
Yep, Legos are spendy AF. I have an un opened Ghostbusters HQ that I never got around to building, has over 4K elements....and doesn't even come with a frakking Ecto 1! A major design flaw IMO.

A very basic flower set was bought for me just to get me involved and I really enjoyed putting it together.

That Ghostbusters HQ you have sounds awesome. It sounds like you have no use for it, so I'll take it off your hands for you.

I haven't bought anything yet. I got too overwhelmed by the prices.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:35 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
deadtome wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

A very basic flower set was bought for me just to get me involved and I really enjoyed putting it together.

That Ghostbusters HQ you have sounds awesome. It sounds like you have no use for it, so I'll take it off your hands for you.

I haven't bought anything yet. I got too overwhelmed by the prices.

Haha. One of my girls keeps asking me when we're going to open it. I was thinking about saving it to try and make a buck.....I'm not sure but it may have been discontinued already.

Reply to topic