Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:11 pm 

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:15 pm 

mr macabre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:54 pm 

I've been a car fanatic since before I had my license, a very long time ago(I'm 64). I've always been a fan of muscle cars and trucks, specifically American models. I bought a '68 OLDS 442 from the original owner in 1980 and drove it daily for 8 years before having to sell it. My wife refers to it as a maternity sale since I needed to sell one of our 3 vehicles before our daughter was born. That car was a blast to drive, it had a warmed over 455 under the hood with a turbo 400 trans behind it. I only lost 1 street race with it when I was still young and dumb.
I miss that car.
I've been a drag racing fan for 50 years, my first race was the NHRA Winternationals in Pomona in '73. Been going to races off and on ever since. My son's first race was the Winternationals in '92, he's a fan as well.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:29 pm 

mr macabre wrote:
I've been a car fanatic since before I had my license, a very long time ago(I'm 64). I've always been a fan of muscle cars and trucks, specifically American models. I bought a '68 OLDS 442 from the original owner in 1980 and drove it daily for 8 years before having to sell it. My wife refers to it as a maternity sale since I needed to sell one of our 3 vehicles before our daughter was born. That car was a blast to drive, it had a warmed over 455 under the hood with a turbo 400 trans behind it. I only lost 1 street race with it when I was still young and dumb.
I miss that car.
I've been a drag racing fan for 50 years, my first race was the NHRA Winternationals in Pomona in '73. Been going to races off and on ever since. My son's first race was the Winternationals in '92, he's a fan as well.

Sounds awesome. Happen to have any pictures?

mr macabre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:18 am 

deadtome wrote:
mr macabre wrote:
I miss that car.

Sounds awesome. Happen to have any pictures?

I've got a cigar box full of photos from several drag strips that I took with my Kodak 110 camera from the stands and in the pits. If I can figure it out, I'll post a few photos .

The_Great_God_Pan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:54 am 

I think there used to be a car thread many years ago. It's very nice to see we have car enthusiasts ove here!
In my case I've always liked them a lot, my dad has been into cars since before I was born, and I am the only one of my brothers who inherited (so to say) this passion.

I've only bought one car in my life, it was a couple of years ago. Always been my favouite car; I remember that my family always made fun of me because of it but oh well, here it is:

A beautiful 1977 Gremlin X. 4.2 liter 258 engine that is strong like a tractor and a manual 3 speed. I still need to get the side decals (rally ones) and put the Kelsey-Hayes wheels I bought. I can't put them on now because to get the old car license plates (and all the benefits that come with them) here in Mexico, they require you to have the stock wheels (first picture). I think these are gonna look great on it:

What do you guys think?
It always appears on all the "ugliest cars ever" lists. My ass.

mr macabre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:43 am 

The_Great_God_Pan wrote:
I think there used to be a car thread many years ago. It's very nice to see we have car enthusiasts ove here!
In my case I've always liked them a lot, my dad has been into cars since before I was born, and I am the only one of my brothers who inherited (so to say) this passion.

I've only bought one car in my life, it was a couple of years ago. Always been my favouite car; I remember that my family always made fun of me because of it but oh well, here it is:

A beautiful 1977 Gremlin X. 4.2 liter 258 engine that is strong like a tractor and a manual 3 speed. I still need to get the side decals (rally ones) and put the Kelsey-Hayes wheels I bought. I can't put them on now because to get the old car license plates (and all the benefits that come with them) here in Mexico, they require you to have the stock wheels (first picture). I think these are gonna look great on it:

What do you guys think?

That's fucking awesome, an AMC Gremlin? You should drop a 401 between the fenders with a 4 speed.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:26 pm 

The_Great_God_Pan wrote:

What do you guys think?

Thanx for sharing the pics.
Reminds of Wayne's World of course.

I think cars are not for everyone, not everyone can afford nice cars much less maintain them.

Voldra
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:36 pm 

I've owned 5 vehicles: 1991 Buick LeSebre, 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 2008 Volkswagen GTI, 2001 Ford F250, 2023 Ford Bronco. The GTI, F250, and ProMaster van I still own. God I'd give anything to have get that LeSabre back.
I'm doing a frame off restoration of my 2020 RAM ProMaster 3500 currently. It needs a new engine, and new ram promaster cabinets. Unlike most other vehicles, vans are more than just transportation.
When I figure out how to post photos I will do it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2