* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:58 am 

MeavyHetal wrote:
theagentcoma wrote:
I'm ready to make everyone shun me, but I'm obsessed with Skyline Chili. I live in Florida and there's randomly one 10 minutes away. We're moving in 3 days so I'm in a bit of a grieving process over it because there is no Skyline where we're going.

Is that the restaurant that puts chili on their spaghetti? I know it's a Cincinnati thing.

Yes and it's fkin amazing lol. It took me a year between initially trying it and giving it another go for me to like it. Definitely a weird thing - it's more of a Mediterranean meat sauce than actual chili con carne - no beans and it's not spicy.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:18 am 

What is the real truth, about cooking whole fish, and softening the bones? My hot, arid desert area actually got some good rain, this year, and there is a lot of water in the reservoirs, so I started fishing again, for the first time in twenty years.

The daily bag limit, for sunfish and crappie, where I live, is 25. The main one is bluegill(lepomis macrochirus), and I have 8 of them in my refrigerator, right now. I caught one last week, and cut out the guts, ribs, and spine, fried it in butter, and there wasn’t much meat left. These fish have hard, spiky fins, i wrapped them in parchment paper, throwing them in a cooler, and they punch through that. How is it, that you cook fish to make the bones edible? I understand that canned fish is exposed to really high pressure, but there’s a bunch of confusing information on the internet. People are claiming that a regular pressure/rice/slow cooker can’t pressurize enough, to soften bones, and that I’m going to choke.

Now, this sounds like propaganda, to me, intended to get me to waste food(and throw away good stuff, like fins and cheeks and eyes, which taste great), and brainwash me with “food safety.” If I make some slices in them, like I were going to fillet them, but don’t separate the fillet off, and I deep fry them, is that enough? I just need to remove the guts and gills, correct? Because I’m seeing these videos, of sweet and sour fish, and rednecks breading and frying bluegills, where they just do that.

How much boiling or frying does it take, to not be a food-wasting, uncultured poser?
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2