Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:53 pm 

https://www.propublica.org/article/ulin ... ion-denial

This isn't something I would normally post, but because they're one of the primary suppliers in the music shipping game these days, I feel it is significant and worth spreading the information.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:59 pm 

It is good to know. I can't believe any decent halfway intelligent person is still speweing that bullshit after all this time.

At this point I'm not sure if it is election "Denial" anymore (Because by now, even the most die-hard 2020 Trump supporters probably know deep down that his election loss was legitimate) but rather, refusing to openly admit that he lost is their mechanism for advancing his anti-democratic and totalitarian ideas.

Which, if you are an American, everyone should be alarmed about. This is not Russia, China or a traditionally non-democratic country we are talking about, where citizens traditionally have no say in picking their leaders.

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:31 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
It is good to know. I can't believe any decent halfway intelligent person is still speweing that bullshit after all this time.

At this point I'm not sure if it is election "Denial" anymore (Because by now, even the most die-hard 2020 Trump supporters probably know deep down that his election loss was legitimate) but rather, refusing to openly admit that he lost is their mechanism for advancing his anti-democratic and totalitarian ideas.

Which, if you are an American, everyone should be alarmed about. This is not Russia, China or a traditionally non-democratic country we are talking about, where citizens traditionally have no say in picking their leaders.

Common sense says you have to be right, but I don't think is is useful to look at our current state with common sense. I think people genuinely believe all the denial propaganda. Seems like a waste of time to talk about it, really. Suffice to say, they're convinced and being genuine in their beliefs of these conspiracies. Seems impossible, but here we are. There's no rational debate to be had.

Reply to topic