Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm 

As a greek myself I'm offended by Erdongan's threats and certainly do not approve of his expanding political tactics. Him flying his jets illegaly over restricted airspace the last 5-6 months is something that bothers me. Greece's leaders might even be idiotic enough to give him the islands close to Turkey such as Kos. I might get bashed for saying this, but while Trump was president I don't remember ever Erdongan performing his ass cunning bullshit. Hell with Trump there wasn't even the Russia vs Ukraine war. I don't know what you guys think but too much conservatism does harm. Turkey took Amohostos and they want more?

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:29 pm 

What does Trump even have to do with anything?

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:53 pm 

Thexhumed wrote:
What does Trump even have to do with anything?

US is one of the big nations along with Russia who are allies with Turkey. He was billigirent but fair (I didn't agree with the wall against the immigrants he wanted to build). He wouldn't allow any war or any other conflict happen.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 pm 

Trump doesn't care if wars happen or not, as long as he somehow profits from them personally he's all in favor. Bottom line, he never cared about international relations, about Greece or about Turkey, or even the greater well being of his own country- only his own wealth and power. He cozied up to Erdogan for the sole reason that he admired his autocratic style of rule, for the same reason he he cozied up to Putin. Putin would have invaded Ukraine regardless of whether or not Trump was in power, but the only difference was, where Biden condemned the invasion, Trump would have actually backed Russia in that conflict!

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:54 pm 

nightbreaker33 wrote:
He wouldn't allow any war or any other conflict happen.
I wonder how many people around the world feel this way. It's good that you expressed it. It's curious. It's always good for us Americans to hear things outside our bubble.

Trump is an isolationist and xenophobic. He thinks the USA was given global leader status out of some divine intervention, despite not being religious. One of these dullards who has no curiosity about history, our history, the ideas that set the USA apart and the documents that convey those ideas, or anything on a philosophical level. He's not curious about anything really. Doesn't really care about anything either. He thinks that if we pulled within our borders that the USA would remain a global leader and retain the same power we've had his entire life. Again, because it is our divine place in the world to be #1. That's poorly worded, but I don't know how else to put it. It's a weird, out of touch superiority complex that emanates out of nothing of substance. I have no doubt that if he had his way about the world, he'd just let Greece and Turkey battle it out and not think twice about it. He doesn't even truly care about his own country. You think he cares about Greece?

*came back to add that if it was up to Trump, we'd pull out of NATO, because he doesn't recognize what the USA gets out of it. NATO would likely crumble, and then you'd have a substantially bigger problem with Greece and Turkey, as one example.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:05 pm 

ZenoMarx wrote:
nightbreaker33 wrote:
He wouldn't allow any war or any other conflict happen.
I wonder how many people around the world feel this way. It's good that you expressed it. It's curious. It's always good for us Americans to hear things outside our bubble.

Trump is an isolationist and xenophobic. He thinks the USA was given global leader status out of some divine intervention, despite not being religious. One of these dullards who has no curiosity about history, our history, the ideas that set the USA apart and the documents that convey those ideas, or anything on a philosophical level. He's not curious about anything really. Doesn't really care about anything either. He thinks that if we pulled within our borders that the USA would remain a global leader and retain the same power we've had his entire life. Again, because it is our divine place in the world to be #1. That's poorly worded, but I don't know how else to put it. It's a weird, out of touch superiority complex that emanates out of nothing of substance. I have no doubt that if he had his way about the world, he'd just let Greece and Turkey battle it out and not think twice about it. He doesn't even truly care about his own country. You think he cares about Greece?

*came back to add that if it was up to Trump, we'd pull out of NATO, because he doesn't recognize what the USA gets out of it. NATO would likely crumble, and then you'd have a substantially bigger problem with Greece and Turkey, as one example.

Hard to disagree with even one word of this.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:50 am 

nightbreaker33 wrote:
As a greek myself I'm offended by Erdongan's threats and certainly do not approve of his expanding political tactics. Him flying his jets illegaly over restricted airspace the last 5-6 months is something that bothers me. Greece's leaders might even be idiotic enough to give him the islands close to Turkey such as Kos. I might get bashed for saying this, but while Trump was president I don't remember ever Erdongan performing his ass cunning bullshit. Hell with Trump there wasn't even the Russia vs Ukraine war. I don't know what you guys think but too much conservatism does harm. Turkey took Amohostos and they want more?

Erdogan is doing Erdogan shit every time Turkey faces the elections. He is trying to polish his turd of a government. Turkey's economy is facing hyperinflation, their education system is divided because half the professors were on strike for their propaganda books in universities. The Kemal supporters are on his ass, the army is also experiencing repercussions of the failed coup.

I am, of course, concerned a little but not surprised. Of course the things he says are offensive to history, human rights, democracy and Greece's culture but you cannot argue with a manchild like him. It is hilarious how he has even starting to lose touch with the Turkish minority in Thrace.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

JCP524
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:23 pm 

Greece better watch themselves. Turkey has a very strong military and is much larger than Greece. Also, there are many Turks living in Germany.

Dandelo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:52 am 

I doubt Trump would have prevented this.

The human aspect of this troubles me. Seen the report about the 92 migrants they found, who were quite literally left naked to the elements. It was appalling treatment.

Reply to topic