* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:23 pm 

Just going to leave this here:

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Human666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:04 pm 

Russia has always been a very problematic country throughout history.
Russia was highly responsible for WWII with the Molotov Ribbentrop pact that they made with Nazi Germany.
Russian people doesn't have the ability or will to live in a democracy and everything about that country is rotten and corrupted.
It's amazing how the largest country in the world, with more than 140 million of population and full of natural resources, is a shithole with a broken economy.

I honestly think that after 2 years of covid and now this lillPutin adventure...the world is going to change.
If lillPutin will eventually conquer Ukraine, Moldova is next and I won't be surprised if Poland and Romania are next in line.
In such situation NATO will be brought up to test: if they won't unite and attack Russia (and that includes the US), NATO will collapse and Russia and China will be the new "Alpha Males" of our planet.
If NATO will attack Russia...then it's WWIII...I know that eventually Russia will lose big time but if think they will test their nuclear weapons before admitting their defeat.

What an interesting time to be alive.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:07 pm 

IrishLaddie Vaush's political analysis is about on par with DarkSydePhil's combat analysis of Dark Souls.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:16 pm 

ZenoMarx wrote:
Feel free to educate. I'm always open to learning from any of my mistakes.

Just saying that JFK's assassination is not comparable to if someone took out Putin. I think most of the world would agree with that.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:19 pm 

Human666 wrote:
Russia was highly responsible for WWII with the Molotov Ribbentrop pact that they made with Nazi Germany.
Russian people doesn't have the ability or will to live in a democracy and everything about that country is rotten and corrupted.
It's amazing how the largest country in the world, with more than 140 million of population and full of natural resources, is a shithole with a broken economy.

I honestly think that after 2 years of covid and now this lillPutin adventure...the world is going to change.
If lillPutin will eventually conquer Ukraine, Moldova is next and I won't be surprised if Poland and Romania are next in line.
In such situation NATO will be brought up to test: if they won't unite and attack Russia (and that includes the US), NATO will collapse and Russia and China will be the new "Alpha Males" of our planet.
If NATO will attack Russia...then it's WWIII...I know that eventually Russia will lose big time but if think they will test their nuclear weapons before admitting their defeat.

...fucking lunacy...
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:44 pm 

“China’s quandary may have played a role Friday in what appeared to be a new offer by Russia to negotiate... After Putin’s phone call with Xi, the Russian president signaled he was open to talks—reversing his own foreign minister’s statement hours earlier”
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1 ... 7712680969?

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:40 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
IrishLaddie Vaush's political analysis is about on par with DarkSydePhil's combat analysis of Dark Souls.
How so?

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:41 am 

Like everyone here, I've been following this attentively all week. It's a horrible situation, but man has Ukraine become the biggest underdog of this century. Some badass stories coming out of Ukraine - those people are not giving up without a fight.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:08 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Like everyone here, I've been following this attentively all week. It's a horrible situation, but man has Ukraine become the biggest underdog of this century. Some badass stories coming out of Ukraine - those people are not giving up without a fight.

Yes and I appreciate their valor. Fuck Putin, fight or die, it's better than bowing down.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:10 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

Russia went in thinking they'd have the country under control within a day. We're now three days in and while Russian forces have wreaked serious havoc and made progress on a number of fronts, they've been held back, repelled, and forced to retreat in major parts of Ukraine. Third-party estimates have something like three or four times as many Russian soldiers dead as Ukrainian at this point. The Ukrainians are holding their own in the face of overwhelming odds-- I don't know how long they can keep it up, and it's horrific that they've had to sacrifice so much to fight for their country, but it's incredible to see.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:59 am 

On a side note, it's interesting to see this conference Putin had with the Russian oligarchs. I've never seen the guy like this before and many other figures, like Macron and an American called... Marco Rubio, I think?... clearly stated that there's something wrong with the Russian guy. And I mean, on a clinical level.

By looking at those aprehensive individuals all looking in such a schismatic way at an unhinged Putin, it really wouldn't surprise if the got Caesar'd soon. It almost looks like those scenes in cartoons in which some powerful guys are waiting to press a button, so a hole would open up beneath the guy they want to get rid off. And all the $ that has been lost, both due to the sanctions and the ongoing war, which appears to be favorable to the Ukrainian side, is surely the main reason for this.

As for Zelensky, that picture that is being massively shared on the internet about him going to the front line is actually from 2021. However, it's undeniable that he's been an absolute hero since this all started. This is what a true leader looks like - not some miser loser behind the curtains, watching it all happen from distance.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:28 am 

TheLoneForest wrote:
Imagine thinking the US isn't authoritarian

Oh sorry I forgot to include the mandatory "US is very bad, all the time always no matter what" disclaimer.

I wonder why post-Soviet states would rather join the comparatively stable and prosperous NATO and/or EU instead of Putin's janky attempt at creating USSR 2.0. Truly brain racking.

OzzyApu wrote:

I don't think it was ever going to be a 24 hour cakewalk as the Ukrainian army has been preparing for this possibility for years, but yes it's still amazing to see how valiantly they're resisting the Russian advance.

Ex El Ex El Ex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:02 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
^2024 could be scary in the US, as far as American freedom, if Trump somehow siezes power. He has vocally expressed support for Putin and has long been an admirer of his, as well as a proponent of authoritarian and undemocratic government.

While I don't support this crap at all- Putin is clearly a sadistic and cold human being and my heart goes out to the suffering of the Ukranian people- it should be mentioned that the U.S. has no moral authority to stand on here, when their invasion of Iraq in 2003 was equally unjustified and done under equally false pretenses.

Yeah, not calling the US awesome or anything, just saying which one I'd prefer to live in for now.

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:50 pm 

I wonder what is going to happen to all the Ukrainian NSBM bands, as well as the Russian ones (like moloth) that moved to Ukraine.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:13 pm 

funeralravens wrote:
I wonder what is going to happen to all the Ukrainian NSBM bands, as well as the Russian ones (like moloth) that moved to Ukraine.

That's something that I was also actually interested to know about. As per now, Nokturnal Mortum and Drudhk have already stated clearly their support for Ukraine (even though the first one doesn't classify itself as NSBM no more, they still play at Asgardsrei).
I was searching for M8L8TH yesterday and I didn't found anything, they don't appear to have social media (or maybe I just didn't searched well enough). But since their label, Militant Zone, budgets the Azov Batallion, I can only guess that they're also supportive of Ukraine - quick reminder that the Azov Batallion has already engaged in a military front against Russia back in 2014. Also, the fact that the band relocated from Russia to Ukraine might be something that's worth to notice too.

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:16 pm 

Do we really need to walk around with disclaimers in our signatures that make it clear that when vilifying behavior X, we're not excusing behavior Y? No wonder newspapers are written at a 6th grade level. "I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up.

Kaleva
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:35 pm 

I was going to use harsher words, but I'm going to hold myself back. I don't know what kind of mentality has someone who justifies these actions under the premise "US ​​is bad", "they don't tell us the truth", "the Ukrainian government is Nazi". Ukraine is not a perfect democracy either, but that does not carry any weight to consider an invasion as acceptable. We are all aware of the unjustifiability of past US actions, and it should be equally clear in the case of Russia.
If Ukraine wants to join NATO, it is a sovereign country that can decide to do so if it is accepted. And that does not imply necessarly putting nuclear weapons on the Russian border.
Putin has already threatened Finland and Sweden in very similar terms to German Lebensraum. Too many parallels between Putin and Hitler despite the efforts of Putin to be seen as anti-Nazi. There are many Finnish and Swedish metalheads in this forum, what do you think about not being able to freely choose if you want to join NATO for fear of Russian threats?
Eugene from Jinjer has shared a video worth watching from Kyiv.
https://youtu.be/MKs_gVgcfM4]

funeralravens
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 pm 

Kaleva wrote:
If Ukraine wants to join NATO, it is a sovereign country that can decide to do so if it is accepted. And that does not imply necessarly putting nuclear weapons on the Russian border.

I don't think the US would be thinking along the same lines if Canada/Cuba/Mexico asked Chinese or Russian troops to put their bases in their countries. We all know the US would invade those countries if that happened. Not endorsing the Russian invasion of Ukraine in any way, just pointing out that this argument is inherently flawed.

Kaleva
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:26 pm 

funeralravens wrote:
Kaleva wrote:

I don't think the US would be thinking along the same lines if Canada/Cuba/Mexico asked Chinese or Russian troops to put their bases in their countries. We all know the US would invade those countries if that happened. Not endorsing the Russian invasion of Ukraine in any way, just pointing out that this argument is inherently flawed.

This:
Kaleva wrote:
We are all aware of the unjustifiability of past US actions, and it should be equally clear in the case of Russia.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention "hypothetical actions in the future" along with "past actions".
And I guess I also need to subscribe this:
ZenoMarx wrote:
Do we really need to walk around with disclaimers in our signatures that make it clear that when vilifying behavior X, we're not excusing behavior Y? No wonder newspapers are written at a 6th grade level. "I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:31 pm 

Kaleva wrote:
There are many Finnish and Swedish metalheads in this forum, what do you think about not being able to freely choose if you want to join NATO for fear of Russian threats?

Well, threats are out, and the way I see it is that Putin has unilaterally smashed the good relations between Russia and Finland (and likewise Russia and Sweden). Our strategy going forward, and the kind of cooperation with NATO we choose to have in particular, doesn't need to consider Putin's threats whatsoever. We should simply maximise our safety from Russian aggression at this point.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:57 pm 

Putin threatened with something never before seen, if Finland and Sweden would enter NATO. My friend who lives close to Finnish-Russian border has had dreams about nuclear explosions for some years now. I guess it's in our subconscious, no matter what you do and try to think about it. I live close to a nuclear power plant, and they could always be targets in war... Trying to think something else, but it's not always easy. Especially now!

This old man is out of his head, totally; he truly showed he's a psychopath who does have feelings towards humanity. Or life, generally. Yes, of course he fears NATO and west. Ukraine was part of Russia in the past. He said that and also that Ukrainians are Russian people, so maybe Putin thinks he's in civil war ATM.

I wonder how oligarchs will take it when their capitals are frozen; I believe they wouldn't take it lightly ;) Also some military people are against him. The solution might come from inside Russia indeed. Hopefully ASAP.

P.S. I'm a kid of the cold war time. I remember when I saw U.S. Gold's Commodore 64 game "Raid over Moscow" in a TV program about politics and such serious topics back in the 80's. I wanted that game so badly, and got it next day. Even though Iron Curtain was lifted, the cold war never disappeared. I fear both NATO and big bear Russia next to us.

Last edited by Lane on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:58 pm 

funeralravens wrote:
That's what is called a red herring. It's not an argument. You might very well be right, but how does it pertain to what is actually happening?

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:03 pm 

Human666 wrote:

I don't know much about world politics and generally trying to learn more, but I very much tend to doubt that NATO will "collapse" if there isn't a direct military response from the U.S. and Nato countries in terms of actually sending troops in or bombing and they just stick to sanctions or cyber warfare.

Maybe some NATO countries might feel the need to get militarily involved but i think most of us could agree that unless Russia attacks a NATO country (which really will mean we need to go to war) that it's best that the U.S. and as many other countries as possible don't actually send in troops or take direct military action or we'll have ten times as many deaths and all out war will break out.

And I don't think that not doing so necessarily means Russia and China become the "alpha males" of the world, just the alpha males of this particular situation.

It would be extremely upsetting if somehow all our actions at sanctions and cyber warfare and anything else we and other NATO countries try is unsuccessful at stopping Russia, but I mean, as completely tragic as this all is, imagine what could happen if we have WW3.

I don't think NATO will collapse or dissolve under any circumstance, and I'm sure if a NATO country is attacked they'll have no choice but to respond with force.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:20 am 

I'm not particularly well-read on political science, so I don't have a nuanced take on the situation--but following the Ukrainian reaction is badass and inspiring.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:03 am 

Smalley wrote:

This is the objectively correct analysis on this.

Watch Putin's 'rationality':

What this video consists is of is dribble, garbage, pure fucking bullshit. Nothing but post hoc rationalization. NATO is a BS excuse for the invasion, lets be real- this invasion's reason is a no different than American Manifest Destiny. Putin's last pathetic breath of putting the long forgotten scraps of a pathetic excuse of an empire back together. It's purely fueled by eastern orthodoxy fanaticism and ethnocentrism.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:42 am 

Vaush is a "left drama" livestreamer. I still remember the IrishLaddie days on Destiny streams, terrible politics.

Eric Swalwell having a completely normal one:

Tulsi Gabbard having an EVEN MORE normal one:

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:58 am 

Putin just gave out the order to ready the nuclear arsenal in response to sanctions and NATO reactions

https://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/europ ... e-101.html

German source, because the last thing I want to do on this planet is being lazy as fuck

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:54 am 

Putin is ex-KGB, isn't he? He's all about psychological warfare. He has nothing to lose by making a comment like that, and can potentially gain a bit.

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:59 am 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
Putin is ex-KGB, isn't he? He's all about psychological warfare. He has nothing to lose by making a comment like that, and can potentially gain a bit.

I believe for some reason he lost his ability to be a rational actor.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:33 am 

why wrote:
AboveTheThrone wrote:

I believe for some reason he lost his ability to be a rational actor.

Edit: I read your comment as sarcasm. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by ~Guest 373247 on Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:23 pm 

It would be very foolish to dismiss Putin as a dumb or irrational person. If you see his career it's clear he's a cold and scheming person. The fact that he's using threatening language with nuclear weapons should scare everyone.

The longer the war goes on the more likely it is for something unexpected to happen. My biggest fear is it spilling over to the neighbor NATO countries.

Meditari
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:17 pm 

Smalley wrote:

Thanks for sharing, that was a really good vid.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:13 am 

raumr wrote:
It would be very foolish to dismiss Putin as a dumb or irrational person. If you see his career it's clear he's a cold and scheming person. The fact that he's using threatening language with nuclear weapons should scare everyone.

The longer the war goes on the more likely it is for something unexpected to happen. My biggest fear is it spilling over to the neighbor NATO countries.

This is important. I think many react instinctively and calls him irrational and stupid because they don't agree with him or because the propaganda now paints that picture. However from history all that we've learned is that he is the opposite of that. He has always been very calculating and my impression is that there is a smartness to him that isn't all that common. That doesn't mean I agree with him but we need to not underestimate his capacities (that would be the worst thing).

I recently saw Russia, the new strategy which was excellent in explaining why Russia has acted the way they have up until just before the war. It was excellent because it gives context and even though the documentary was far from supportive of Russia it gives an understanding and indeed it seems to me that he generally has been smarter in his tactics that his opposition. The way he handled Africa and the Middle East compared to the US and France for example. It also gives a good perspective of the NATO controversy and its clear that they've expanded beyond what was agreed on. The book The New Tsar builds a similar picture (though it only stretches to 2016). No matter if you disagree with Putin's goals the way he goes about accomplishing them is very calculated and he usually succeeds.

That said, I have little insight into Ukraine but I certainly hope they stand up for as long as they can. The invasion seems unrighteous to me and I really dislike imperialism (be it geographical or cultural). I always liked the thought of one nation (people) one country and I don't deny the Ukrainian nation as Putin seems to do. But sure it makes things complicated when there are so many Russians living in the territory of Ukraine the country.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:41 am 

Fuck politicians and warmongering. The only side worth supporting is one in favour of de-escalation.

LunarisIsDead
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:35 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
TheLoneForest wrote:
Imagine thinking the US isn't authoritarian

Oh sorry I forgot to include the mandatory "US is very bad, all the time always no matter what" disclaimer.

I wonder why post-Soviet states would rather join the comparatively stable and prosperous NATO and/or EU instead of Putin's janky attempt at creating USSR 2.0. Truly brain racking.

Very on point. The US is awful, it's started its own imperialist wars, lots of other things too. But it's all irrelevant to this conversation. This isn't about which governments have done equally awful things, this isn't about whether the west is just as bad as Putin or not. Right now, Russia is invading Ukraine. It's an act of horrible violent imperialism. This moral high ground bullshit helps nobody. (And it's why the left never gets shit done but that's a different conversation.)

Last edited by LunarisIsDead on Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zurbum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:10 pm 

War is terrible of course, but I stand on Russia's side on this

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:30 pm 

Zurbum wrote:

Excuse me but.....WHAT.THE.FUCK?!

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:33 pm 

Zurbum wrote:

Fuck you.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:37 pm 

Zurbum wrote:

Care to explain the reason(s) why? It's not like that's something one would decide to choose out of the blue.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:38 pm 

Zurbum wrote:

The Russian people, who mostly see the Ukrainians as their brothers and family (to quote one of my Russian friends, "Almost every Russian is related to someone, somehow in Ukraine; for me, most of my wife's family is Ukrainian") and have risked life in prison and permanent unemployment to protest against this senseless and barbaric assault? Sure, I can get behind that. But if you stand on the side of the oligarchs and the multi multi multi billionaire leader who sees his people as cattle, please fuck off forever.

And even if you're slightly warm on the Soviet Union, I assure you, Putin and his shadow chancellor Volodin are not. This is an attempt to recreate the Russian Empire and Kievan Rus, which is why Ukraine is such a prize. Ask the serfs what they thought of the Empire, why don't ya.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next