Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:26 pm 

^ Used uranium may be another cause. Yes, call me a conspiracy theorist. But that sounds a totally plausible cause, that military base thing.

Sending power and positive vibes to Ukrainians!

Makes me think why these warmongers cannot be erased like in movies...

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:33 pm 

Lane wrote:
^ Used uranium may be another cause. Yes, call me a conspiracy theorist. But that sounds a totally plausible cause, that military base thing.

Sending power and positive vibes to Ukrainians!

Makes me think why these warmongers cannot be erased like in movies...

I don't think that used uranium is of any use other than polluting the planet and Russia has enough already made nukes to not have to forage for resources.

pyratebastard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:45 pm 

MDL wrote:
Here's an updated map of the regions that were under attack. Airports were targeted, a children was bombed with a shell - knew about this just minutes after waking up today. What a way to start the day:

Spoiler: show

Where did you get this image?

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

Only_Perception wrote:
I guess most people here are just standard copy pastes more concerned with defending the honor of celebrities than thinking about music.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:49 pm 

Here: https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/statu ... 6741932033

Someone posted it on MA's Discord server.

They would probably be able to get there through Belarus. There's a Putin puppet, named Lukashenko, who would certainly lend his country as a platform for a more consistent and complete land invasion.

pyratebastard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:56 pm 

MDL wrote:
Here: https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/statu ... 6741932033

Someone posted it on MA's Discord server.

They would probably be able to get there through Belarus. There's a Putin puppet, named Lukashenko, who would certainly lend his country as a platform for a more consistent and complete land invasion.

Thanks!

Yes, the graphics I saw last week showed Russian troops in Belarus along the Ukrainian border as part of their massive mobilization in recent weeks. Lukashenko is a little boot-licking bitch.

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

Only_Perception wrote:
I guess most people here are just standard copy pastes more concerned with defending the honor of celebrities than thinking about music.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:43 pm 

You're welcome.

About Chernobyl, I've heard it would be related to the massive amount of toxic, nuclear waste that lies there. Search abou the Elephant's Foot, for example. I could guess there's surely already some kind of equipment to deal with that kind of stuff without the person being exposed to deadly amounts of radiation. If so, it would be certainly capitalized to do some kind of biological warfare: deliberatedly contaminate soils, sources of water or... who knows...

On the other hand, Russians have been protesting against the war and the Kremlin deployed the police to do, you know, what cops know to do better than anyone else.
And while these protests are happening and Ukranian civilians are being relentlessly massacred, the European Union leaders and all the other associated retards are too busy on discussing sanctions against Russia. It clearly sounds like "plz putin don't do war, war is bad, plz stay out of ukraine or else, we will freeze your citizens' bank accounts here >:-( ".

This gets on my fucking nerves so much.

This song couldn't be more appropriate for these times, coming from an Ukranian band

The_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:46 pm 

Absolute madness

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:11 pm 

Utter fuckery. Godspeed to all Ukrainians (and all the brave Russian anti-war protesters who are getting arrested...).

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

akb88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:40 pm 

Getting Trump flashbacks listening to the deranged revisionsist ramble of that mad man. No wonder they are such good buddies.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:58 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Utter fuckery. Godspeed to all Ukrainians (and all the brave Russian anti-war protesters who are getting arrested...).

I think this is an important point that needs to be remembered when talking about Russia. Just as our idiot prime minister doesn't reflect all of the Australian people, and Trump doesn't reflect all American people, and Bolsonaro doesn't reflect all the Brazilian people, Putin's actions don't represent the Russian people. Lots of good people live there, just like anywhere else in the world, so the disdain should be pointed towards the Russian government, not its citizens.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:34 pm 

Roughly half the Russian people oppose the invasion, as per third-party sources. This should be higher, but honestly I'm surprised it's as high as it is, especially this early in the attack. Bad news for Russia's propaganda empire.

MDL wrote:
and Ukranian civilians are being relentlessly massacred

Source? That doesn't sound like the pudding playbook but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Quote:
the European Union leaders and all the other associated retards are too busy on discussing sanctions against Russia. It clearly sounds like "plz putin don't do war, war is bad, plz stay out of ukraine or else, we will freeze your citizens' bank accounts here >:-( ".

This gets on my fucking nerves so much.

And you're suggesting... something more severe than harsh sanctions?
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:09 pm 

darkeningday wrote:

Source? That doesn't sound like the pudding playbook but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Here: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/2 ... death-toll
It's from 4 hours ago, there were probably many more that weren't counted or that are probably still missing.

darkeningday wrote:
And you're suggesting... something more severe than harsh sanctions?

Europeans have been lauching sanctions against Russia since a long time ago and it clearly didn't work it out. Just like the example I've mentioned before, Germany was also forbidden to rebuild its military to a war scale after the Treaty of Versailles, but the nazis clearly didn't care too much about that. Then, they've invaded Czechia, the League of Nations consented it and Hitler began expanding his Reich more and more.
Not saying that the situation is 100% the same, but it shows us how just imposing sanctions don't really work. Also, because there would be some other commercial/economic interests between Russia and EU/Western Europe that are surely more important than some random civilians getting bombed and that would be constrained if those sanctions were applied, in practice.

All in all, I really don't know what to suggest and who I am to do such. Just saying that there should be another practical alternative to this. I'd say mass rioting would maybe be a good options, but they've got the guns and the missiles and «we» don't.

Metal_On_The_Ascendant
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:21 pm 

Maybe worth mentioning that Putin is a rambling narcissist who is getting up there in years. A lot is made of Biden and Trump's ages but Putin is no spring chicken either. Restoring the old Soviet Union is total bucket list stuff for the fucker.
Did you need a protection amulet?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:15 pm 

Putin's way older than I thought. I legit did not know he was 69. Hopefully he fucking croaks soon, and maybe the world will end up slightly less shitty once he's gone.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:47 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Putin's way older than I thought. I legit did not know he was 69. Hopefully he fucking croaks soon, and maybe the world will end up slightly less shitty once he's gone.

The problem with this - with respect to history - is that during most of its lifetime the Russian nation (in the sense of country) was used to a strong and autocratic ruler. Either in terms of a monarch or a political figure. This has a heavy impact on the social construction of said nation. Getting back to the point - a person to take his place might even be worse to show he has even more "power" than the latest "tsar". That is just a guess but based on history it is highly probable.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:21 am 

Rumor mill's saying the Russians are going to attempt to split Ukraine in two rather than take the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/statu ... 3864205312?

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:17 am 

Anonymous is launching DDoS attacks on Russian media, pulling down many sites if only just in bursts. Usually I'm against these childish keyboard assaults, but this time it's fairly fitting. Russia is doing far worse to Ukrainian cybersecurity alone.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Miikja
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:05 am 

There is currently no band in the database that goes by the name of Snake Island, or Zmiinyi in Ukrainian, but I suspect that will change after what happened there:

nephilim80
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:02 am 

The US is already pretty much involved. While European leaders were de-escalating things, everyday Biden and Kamala would turn up the heat again. I'm not saying Putin is innocent at all, but this conflict is shady af. There's lot of interests underneath. Starting by destroying Russian economy with sanctions for years and years to come. Military industry interests and banking interests. Cutting the ties of a potential sino-russian alliance as well. There are tons of unanswered questions that sadly due to Putin's stupidity will remain unanswered.
Starting by why was US and Nato feeding armament to Ukraine months prior to the conflict. Why did the US withdrew their troops from Afghanistan just a few months before this conflict. Why there's a push for Ukraine to join Nato, when it's well known that there's an ongoing conflict in both Crimea and Donbass. Solve conflicts first by diplomacy, join Nato later. Why is China basically silent. Why is Germany mostly silent. Why is Europe so passive. Why was the president of Ukraine saying that there was no invasion ongoing, but after being corrected by Biden, suddenly he's saying "war is inevitable". Why is Putin invading Ukraine even after admitting that he has no chance against Nato joint armies. Why was Kamala Harris threatening Putin that she would send Nato troops to Ukraine, even though she or US have no power on doing that on her/their own.
Even when a diplomatic scenario was on the table we heard from the very beginning that "russia bad", "war is inevitable", "putin is a new hitler". It's hard to see beyond the smokescreen honestly and right now what we have is the whole western society echo-chambering the same narrative. Let me underline that i'm not defending either side of the conflict, i feel really bad for the civilians and the troops who again will have to fight, most likely for the interests of politicians, banks and corporations.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:19 am 

Some of these are good questions, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make by asking them. Some of them are false claims. Some of them refer to events I haven't read about, and I'd like to ask you for source on them.

Ukraine was not pushed to join NATO. In fact, the president of Ukraine publicly criticised NATO for claiming that the door was open, whilst specifically holding the door closed.

Arms have not been sent to Ukraine prior to the conflict. Prior to the invasion certainly, as there was reliable information that an invasion is happening. If I'm mistaken on this, I'd like to ask you for source.

China was not silent. They supported Russia publicly.

Germany's silence is due to their reliance on Russian gas. They've dug this hole for themselves partially influenced by Russian hybrid warfare. Putin enjoys more support and appreciation in parts of Germany than you'd expect, and going against Russia is politically risky in Germany. The rest of Europe's passiveness is for similar reasons. You alluded to sanctions against Russia being for "banking interests", which you contradicted yourself by alluding to European passiveness. European banking sector's reluctance is one of the reasons for the lack of political commitment for proper sanctions from Europe.

--

Now, what was the diplomatic scenario that was on the table?

nephilim80
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:58 am 

hakarl wrote:
Some of these are good questions, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make by asking them. Some of them are false claims. Some of them refer to events I haven't read about, and I'd like to ask you for source on them.

No point. Just questions (not claims!!!) i'd like to see answered. As for sources, i'll try my best. You can always use google.

Ukraine was not pushed to join NATO. In fact, the president of Ukraine publicly criticised NATO for claiming that the door was open, whilst specifically holding the door closed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17767225/ukraine-nato-explained/

"Nato first floated the idea of Ukrainian and Georgian membership in 2008 under pressure from American President George W. Bush."

Pressure to create instability in the region. That's why Germany and France opposed.

Arms have not been sent to Ukraine prior to the conflict. Prior to the invasion certainly, as there was reliable information that an invasion is happening. If I'm mistaken on this, I'd like to ask you for source.

There are plenty of articles across the web showing that even in January UK and US were shipping massive amounts of weaponry to Ukraine. As for "reliable information that an invasion is happening", the US also had reliable info that Iraq had WMD. Sending armaments to a country when there's ongoing conflict is a good way to provoke war.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-01-21/Russia-alarmed-by-reports-of-NATO-s-deployment-of-weapons-to-Ukraine-16ZO4TAEs5W/index.html

China was not silent. They supported Russia publicly.

https://www.wunc.org/2022-02-25/in-phone-call-china-plays-a-balancing-act-over-russias-invasion-of-ukraine

"Beijing has been careful not to explicitly endorse nor condemn the Russian invasion of Ukraine."

Don't confound supporting Russia with condemning US (as it was expected they would do):

https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/china/china-russia-ukraine-invasion-us-sanctions-b2021355.html

Germany's silence is due to their reliance on Russian gas. They've dug this hole for themselves partially influenced by Russian hybrid warfare. Putin enjoys more support and appreciation in parts of Germany than you'd expect, and going against Russia is politically risky in Germany. The rest of Europe's passiveness is for similar reasons. You alluded to sanctions against Russia being for "banking interests", which you contradicted yourself by alluding to European passiveness. European banking sector's reluctance is one of the reasons for the lack of political commitment for proper sanctions from Europe.

As much as people like to call it a Gas problem, i think it has more to do with escalating a war in Europe that would benefit more the US and China. That's why Europe as a whole is being more careful and trying to de-escalate it.
I don't think Germany is that supportive of Putin. Merkel and Putin were in constant disaccord and it's easy to understand why: power over Europe. Germany has been the greatest drive behind Europe in the last 2 decades and Putin wants that power.
How am i contradicting myself? Did i state that it's for European banking interests solely? Major worldwide banks profit from war, everybody knows that. That's what i'm referring to.

--

Now, what was the diplomatic scenario that was on the table?

Is that supposed to be ironic or something?

Europeans tried a diplomatic approach.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60204847

https://www.courthousenews.com/de-escalation-talks-intensify-over-ukraine-as-macron-visits-putin/

I'm not eager to start a lengthy discussion here. I just hope things get solved quickly and for the best. Cheers!

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:14 am 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/24/china-r ... es-us.html
Quote:
China’s assistant foreign minister, Hua Chunying, was asked by reporters several times whether she would call Russia’s attacks an invasion but she repeatedly avoided giving a yes or no answer.

In response to one reporter, Hua appeared to express frustration at the question and said, “The U.S. has been fueling the flame, fanning up the flame, how do they want to put out the fire?”

Quote:
Hua said Russia was an “independent major country” that could take its own actions.

As far as publicly supporting Russia's invasion of Ukraine, this is as explicit as it gets without saying "we completely support Russia's invasion of Ukraine". They also called on "both sides" to resolve the situation, in spite of it being an unilateral invasion by Russia.

If you want to understand China's position on this, here's something to consider: Russia setting a predecent for an "independent major country" "taking its own actions" sets a delicious precedent for China to make its move towards Taiwan. China wants to see Russia succeed with their "taiwan".

nephilim80 wrote:

I believe this illustrates my point:
Quote:
However, continued Ukrainian instability – including its proximity to war-hungry Russia – makes it unlikely that their request to join the organisation will be accepted any time soon.

As it stands, their non membership means that, amid invasion, Nato’s support is limited.

nephilim80 wrote:
https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-01-21/Russia-alarmed-by-reports-of-NATO-s-deployment-of-weapons-to-Ukraine-16ZO4TAEs5W/index.html

CGTN is a Chinese state-owned media. It cannot be relied for factual reporting. This news article seems to recount the made-up justifications that Russian state propaganda has posited for their build-up towards the invasion. Unfortunately, I can't read the article very well, because the site is malfunctioning for me. For one thing, a massive banner saying "Ukraine Crisis" keeps coming up (whilst no other content on the page is shown). Referring to "Ukraine crisis" rather than Russian invasion of Ukraine is already quite telling about what kind of bias you can expect this particular media to have.

In January, Russia was already positioning its army at the Ukrainian border. Shoring up Ukrainian defences was in reaction to Russian military build-up.

The Sun is also known for "mixed" truthfulness in reporting, for what it's worth.

nephilim80 wrote:

And how did that seem to be working? The russian military build-up at the Ukrainian border continued unabated amidst false information from Russian sources claiming that they were removing troops. The US intelligence reports indicating the opposite were true.

As for Putin's popularity in Germany and Europe: certainly, Merkel knew Putin to be dangerous. What Merkel lacked was the political room for maneuvering. German chancellors are elected, and to be elected, they need wide support of the German public. If the public opinion on Putin in Germany is divided, making bold strategic decisions against Putin would be unpopular. The difficult task left for Merkel was navigating through that situation without angering either side of the local political divide, as is always the case for centrist politicians. Merkel's legacy was Germany's increased reliance on Russian gas, and decreased room for making any kind of strategic decisions against Russian attempts to destabilise Europe.

nephilim80 wrote:
I'm not eager to start a lengthy discussion here. I just hope things get solved quickly and for the best. Cheers!

Well, it seems to me that you had doubts about some facts regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine, so if I can help correct some misapprehensions you might've had, I'm happy to. That is assuming you're here to discuss it in good faith.

nephilim80
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:31 am 

hakarl wrote:
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/24/china-refuses-to-call-attack-on-ukraine-an-invasion-blames-us.html
Quote:
China’s assistant foreign minister, Hua Chunying, was asked by reporters several times whether she would call Russia’s attacks an invasion but she repeatedly avoided giving a yes or no answer.

In response to one reporter, Hua appeared to express frustration at the question and said, “The U.S. has been fueling the flame, fanning up the flame, how do they want to put out the fire?”

Quote:
Hua said Russia was an “independent major country” that could take its own actions.

As far as publicly supporting Russia's invasion of Ukraine, this is as explicit as it gets without saying "we completely support Russia's invasion of Ukraine". They also called on "both sides" to resolve the situation, in spite of it being an unilateral invasion by Russia.

"this is as explicit as it gets without saying", it's your interpretation. You're reading between the lines. The fact is that there isn't an explicit official statement from China supporting one or the other side. Yet. They're playing both sides.

nephilim80 wrote:

I believe this illustrates my point:
Quote:
However, continued Ukrainian instability – including its proximity to war-hungry Russia – makes it unlikely that their request to join the organisation will be accepted any time soon.

As it stands, their non membership means that, amid invasion, Nato’s support is limited.

How does it proves your point? Even when there's an ongoing conflict in Crimea and Donbass, there have been outside interests in feeding the problem by pushing for Ukraine to join Nato, even without solving those conflicts first. The article is clear on pressure from US to put Ukraine in Nato even when they know that there' s a conflict ongoing.

nephilim80 wrote:

CGTN is a Chinese state-owned media. It cannot be relied for factual reporting. This news article recounts the made-up justifications that Russian state propaganda has posited for their build-up towards the invasion.

I knew you would say that. So, because it's chinese media it's not to be trusted. Nice bias you got there.

In January, Russia was already positioning its army at the Ukrainian border. Shoring up Ukrainian defences was in reaction to Russian military build-up.

There's no proof of that, apart from US so-called reports. Even the ukranian president was saying until 2 weeks ago that the presence of russian military in their borders was nothing abnormal.

The Sun is also known for "mixed" truthfulness in reporting, for what it's worth.

Lol of course. Because you say so.

nephilim80 wrote:

And how did that seem to be working? The russian military build-up at the Ukrainian border continued unabated amidst false information from Russian sources claiming that they were removing troops. The US intelligence reports indicating the opposite were true.

More irony. Well, when you have constant escalation from the US it's hard to make diplomacy. So basically, your source of info is US Intelligence? Ok more power to you i guess.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:39 am 

I point to the tone you're taking with me as your arguments grow thin, and rest my case.

But I'll address this one more point:
Quote:
How does it proves your point? Even when there's an ongoing conflict in Crimea and Donbass, there have been outside interests in feeding the problem by pushing for Ukraine to join Nato, even without solving those conflicts first. The article is clear on pressure from US to put Ukraine in Nato even when they know that there' s a conflict ongoing.

Is this what you're referring to?
Quote:
Nato first floated the idea of Ukrainian and Georgian membership in 2008 under pressure from American President George W. Bush.

I don't think you're considering the larger strategic doctrine of the US that might have prompted Bush to promote this expansion, either. The Russian invasion of Georgia demonstrated that Putin is willing and able to invade sovereign states to expand the Russian sphere. This should be an obvious warning to the western block, and an obvious cue to build capabilities for a united response in eastern Europe.

Also, feel free to refer to this site when assessing the reliability of reporting in media: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

Edit: I just saw news that China was urging Russia to go back into negotiations. Not sure what to make of that yet, but looks like their stance is a little less certain than I thought.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:53 am 

Motherfuckers are now bombing hospitals. How the fuck can one be so brainwashed in order to cooperate with this?

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... eyond-evil

mirons
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:24 am 

MDL wrote:
Motherfuckers are now bombing hospitals. How the fuck can one be so brainwashed in order to cooperate with this?

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... eyond-evil

...as well as kindergartens... (3 dead, 17 children injured)
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-attacks ... ed-1682656

Curious_dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:45 am 

Bombing hospitals is so... vile and stupid at the same time. There is nothing to really gain - if you conquer the country, having hospital and hospital equipment would be valuable; your captured soldiers may need care too; and if your logic is "we free the country", this goes right against it.

Bombing kindergartens, well, let's hope hell exists, and there is a very special place in hell for the fuckers. I don't care if they're following orders, there comes a time where anyone with a soul should jsut say "fuck that shit" and shoot the asshole who gave the orders in the fucking balls.

Miikja
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 pm 

Snake Island recaptured by Ukraine forces, apparently. No strategic value but now a symbolic one since 'Russian warship, go fuck yourself'.

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:47 pm 

Curious_dead wrote:
Bombing kindergartens, well, let's hope hell exists, and there is a very special place in hell for the fuckers. I don't care if they're following orders, there comes a time where anyone with a soul should jsut say "fuck that shit" and shoot the asshole who gave the orders in the fucking balls.
It seems only the USA births the Lee Harvey Oswalds of the world.

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:32 pm 

ZenoMarx wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

I think I get what you're trying to say but that is a terrible analogy to use.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:50 pm 

Miikja wrote:
Snake Island recaptured by Ukraine forces, apparently. No strategic value but now a symbolic one since 'Russian warship, go fuck yourself'.

>inb4 a Ukrainian black metal band samples that recording in one of their songs.

But in all seriousness, glad to hear they're holding their own as well.

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:49 pm 

oldmetalhead wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
Curious_dead wrote:

I think I get what you're trying to say but that is a terrible analogy to use.

Feel free to educate. I'm always open to learning from any of my mistakes.

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:19 pm 

The video of the Russian tank purposely swerving to run over a passing civilian car, sitting on top of it, and then backing back over it. The old man survived, as a group of people helped pry him from the wreckage. I can't imagine what is not being captured on phones.

Ex El Ex El Ex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:34 pm 

ZenoMarx wrote:
The video of the Russian tank purposely swerving to run over a passing civilian car, sitting on top of it, and then backing back over it. The old man survived, as a group of people helped pry him from the wreckage. I can't imagine what is not being captured on phones.

Rape is a popular activity for invading forces throughout history, for starters. I wager we're eventually gonna start hearing about that sort of shit.

This whole situation is revolting. A toast to Zelensky and the Ukrainian troops for holding their ground. May Putin's bones fucking rot in his soulless body.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:43 pm 

Megatokyo wrote:
All I can say is... Y'all better hope the US doesn't get involved.

They already have by installing their own NATO/UN based puppet after the 2014 revolutions

Ukraine is caught in the middle, with their current government just some US backed puppet. The only difference is that Putin has the balls to waltz in and install his own by force.

Not saying he's in the right, but he's certainly not the big bad guy. The West is just as guilty of this instability as they are

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:05 pm 

TheLoneForest wrote:
Megatokyo wrote:

They already have by installing their own NATO/UN based puppet after the 2014 revolutions

Ukraine is caught in the middle, with their current government just some US backed puppet. The only difference is that Putin has the balls to waltz in and install his own by force.

Not saying he's in the right, but he's certainly not the big bad guy. The West is just as guilty of this instability as they are

A majority of Ukrainians support joining NATO and there are no signs that the elections after Maidan were rigged. It may be suprising, but people can genuinely prefer being part of the western sphere of influence instead of that of an authoritarian regime.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:19 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
TheLoneForest wrote:
Megatokyo wrote:

A majority of Ukrainians support joining NATO and there are no signs that the elections after Maidan were rigged. It may be suprising, but people can genuinely prefer being part of the western sphere of influence instead of that of an authoritarian regime.

Imagine thinking the US isn't authoritarian

Ex El Ex El Ex
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:44 pm 

Right now a US citizen can talk shit about the government and they won't be jailed for it. The US is fucked up in many ways, but Russia seems at least somewhat significally more so.

Don't know how long that American freedom will last though, with how things are going over there.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:57 pm 

^2024 could be scary in the US, as far as American freedom, if Trump somehow siezes power. He has vocally expressed support for Putin and has long been an admirer of his, as well as a proponent of authoritarian and undemocratic government.

While I don't support this crap at all- Putin is clearly a sadistic and cold human being and my heart goes out to the suffering of the Ukranian people- it should be mentioned that the U.S. has no moral authority to stand on here, when their invasion of Iraq in 2003 was equally unjustified and done under equally false pretenses.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:05 pm 

Anyone remember De-Ba'athification? Slightly different words, same imperialist script.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next