5 Seeds
6 Kiss the Bride
7 The People's House
8 Walls of Jericho
9 I Wrote You a Song
10 Living in Paradise
11 My First Guitar
12 Hollow Man

it's a shame the guitar riff was buried by the talkbox but I do like the chorus.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 3:23 pm 

The singles are enjoyable enough (especially Living Proof). I expect this'll be another fairly decent album like the last few. In my opinion, the last great thing they did was The Circle.

tobi is an animal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:07 am 

yea, The Circle was the last album where I liked most of the songs, I didn't like anything on the last two albums, so not expecting too much from this new one. Walls Of Jericho is supposed to be a good rock song based on comments I've read from those who heard it at listening parties.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:25 am 

I've always been a fan but I can't picture anything else from them really being very good. For me the last good record was Have a Nice Day. Songwriting has slipped over the years for sure. I don't have high hopes for any new Bon Jovi record but I would love to be surprised with a great rocker.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 11:42 am 

i honestly haven't listened to a full Bon Jovi album since New Jersey! they were a gateway band for me though in the 80s, along with Def Leppard and the like.
i moved on to the heavier stuff after that and never looked at Jon Bon again :-P
will maybe check out some of the albums mentioned

tobi is an animal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 pm 

yea you won't find much of the heavier stuff in the Bon Jovi discography. If I Was Your Mother is about as heavy as it's gonna get.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 5:48 pm 

His stuff was always good old happy time party rock n' roll from the mid/late 1980s- my generation. Pretty much harmless and fun. I took my little brother to his first rock concert in 1987 at San Jose's Shoreline Ampitheater, and it was these guys. I remember that a lot of thrashers like to hate on them because people would try to associate them with heavy metal, which they were not- they had more in common with, for example, Willie Nelson than with Metallica, Slayer or even Judas Priest and Ozzy- but this wasn't necessarily the band's fault. I don't know if I'd be up for any new stuff though, at this point.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:57 pm 

As a metal head in the 90's, I felt like I had to constantly remind people I wasn't a Bon Jovi fan. (Although, I guess it was kind of confusing because I did/do like Poison and Motley Crue, which to an average ear, sounds VERY similar).

Then, as I became a Springsteen mega-fan in the early 2000s, I felt like I had to constantly remind people New Jersey belonged to Bruce.

Spoiler: show
Just kidding. As the Oxenkiller said above me: JBJ is pretty much harmless and fun rock n' roll music. Who doesn't love singing Livin' On A Prayer at a wedding at 1am

Reply to topic