PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:38 am 

Dembo wrote:
LASK-Manchester U

Gary Lineker: "Who the hell are Lask by the way? Don’t worry I Lask someone."

This got me good.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:45 am 

Okay Bundesliga matches without spectators is already stupid enough, especially the Dortmund-Schalke derby, but now they're doing the same for the Germany vs Italy FRIENDLY MATCH in the end of March. That's a maximum of pointless.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:33 pm 

Tottenham are utter shite.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:10 pm 

Congratulations, not a single goal. Maybe they should have had some energy drinks?

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:49 am 

It's official, Sky is putting all Bundesliga matches with no spectators on free TV and free live stream, everyone can watch the next matches.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm 

What THE FUCK was Frankfurt doing there.

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:09 pm 

I've been watching Rangers v Leverkusen but that's an embarrassing result for Frankfurt.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:27 am 

droneriot wrote:
It's official, Sky is putting all Bundesliga matches with no spectators on free TV and free live stream, everyone can watch the next matches.

Durr, and now they're all cancelled...

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:16 pm 

Scottish FA has suspended everything too. We’ll have to wait a few weeks to confirm that Celtic wins the title again. On the other hand, this news keeps Ross County out of the relegation zone a little while longer!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:04 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Scottish FA has suspended everything too. We’ll have to wait a few weeks to confirm that Celtic wins the title again. On the other hand, this news keeps Ross County out of the relegation zone a little while longer!

I thought small gatherings were still permitted?

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:05 pm 

Dembo wrote:
Terri23 wrote:
Tonight is the beginning of the English era of European dominance. The reign of Spain is over, as evidence by the fact that 4 English teams have made the European finals.

One season is way too short to make a conclusion about eras beginning or being over. I wouldn't be surprised if next year have no English teams in the European finals, or even semi-finals.

I'll just bump this for you.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:12 pm 

Conan Troutman wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

:tongue: Ohh no you didn’t!

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:18 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Conan Troutman wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

:tongue: Ohh no you didn’t!

Couldn't help myself. I've got a problem.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:28 pm 

Some people are suggesting to cancel the Premier League season and declare the entire season null and void. I don't think those people would survive a trip to Liverpool if they succeed.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:04 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Some people are suggesting to cancel the Premier League season and declare the entire season null and void. I don't think those people would survive a trip to Liverpool if they succeed.

Apparently all 14 teams of the swedish hockey league has proposed to cancel the whole season! It is a little bit different though since it is built around a regular leage that then goes to play-offs which is at the point where they are now (quarter finals). So its not as devastating as in the premier league where its a straight league format. Although I don't want them to cancel the Premier League for the remainder of the season as a person who is sympathizing with West Ham I wouldn't mind not having to worry about relegation this season...
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:59 pm 

UEFA actually did something sensible!

The leagues now have a fighting chance to actually finish their seasons. I would expect the leagues to resume somewhere around June, and carry on until August, with the new season immediately following on without a break.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:20 am 

This week in English football the FA has decided to cancel all football below the National League, and void their results and seasons. There's no promotion or relegation for these teams. It sets a precedent, but I really hope this isn't extended to the Football League.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am 

Isn’t that decision redundant? I know of many leagues below the National League that had already made the same call, and figured they all followed suit one by one.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:54 pm 

I haven't seen anything from the leagues before this announcement, though I don't exactly follow amateur football. You could well be right.

Riffs wrote:

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 pm 

Liverpool are confirmed champions. It's been 30 years. Man City get the honour of forming the traditional guard of honour on the weekend. Fucking brilliant.

Riffs wrote:

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:59 am 

At last! Well done, Klopp! ;)

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:08 am 

Made up that the 19th title is finally won. Thoroughly deserved - celebrations are somewhat subdued for most here due to the pandemic (although there was plenty of fireworks and singing / cheering going on on Thursday night), but hopefully in the future there can be some sort of public event.

I think if there's no investment in the squad, it'll be a challenge to retain, as if AFCoN goes ahead next year, losing Salah and Mane around January will be very detrimental.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:28 am 

They missed a trick in not following up on Werner. However, Klopp knows what he's doing, and the owners are completely backing him. There'll be at least one winger signed this summer.

Riffs wrote:

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 pm 

Germany is safe from the danger of another coronavirus outbreak, there's not a single person on the planet who'd celebrate in the streets for Bayern winning the championship. Everyone just shrugged and moved on.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 pm 

It's like Italy and Juventus. It's got to be something like 7 in a row for Bayern?

Riffs wrote:

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:34 pm 

Eight.

There are slight hopes for a streak interruption next year, at least Dortmund and Leipzig know exactly where they fumbled and how they want to fix it.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:35 pm 

Klose being sent off for Norwich today was BS. But to be fair, Man U carried enough of the play even at full strength to deserve the win.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:30 am 

As expected, Manchester City's appeal went their way, meaning their ban from European competitions is lifted.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 pm 

Do Hull want to get relegated? Lost to mid-placed Wigan with 8-0, 7-0 at half-time...

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:04 pm 

Dembo wrote:
Do Hull want to get relegated? Lost to mid-placed Wigan with 8-0, 7-0 at half-time...

They might - is there a parachute payment out of that league ? They might need a bit of financial TLC and a year to lick their wounds ?

I would if I was them :lol:

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 pm 

I’m gonna assume there are no parachute payments for relegation out of the Championship. Couple months ago, EFL Chairman Rick Parry called them “an evil that must be eradicated.” https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... d-football
So I hope he wouldn’t complain so strongly about pp’s benefitting teams booted from the Premier League, then turn around and dump the same problem on League One!

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:02 am 

I hope I'm not inadvertently raising a dead horse topic by asking this , but how common is it for people throughout Europe to have a negative view of their country's national football team ?

I'm asking because in my neck of the woods bashing the national team is something of a national sport , which is why I'm curious if that is the case in other European countries as well .

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:57 am 

Khan Vozdig wrote:
I hope I'm not inadvertently raising a dead horse topic by asking this , but how common is it for people throughout Europe to have a negative view of their country's national football team ?

I'm asking because in my neck of the woods bashing the national team is something of a national sport , which is why I'm curious if that is the case in other European countries as well .

As soon as any club player is injured playing for the national team, all the boards of that respective club are buzzing with any kind of slang slurs against the national team. Calls for a complete ban on friendly matches between the national teams follow immediately and are amplified by hundreds. Honestly, in the big European leagues, fans doesn't care much but for their clubs. Maybe people feel much more part of their clubs instead of nation's representatives. Everywhere (United/Liverpool/Inter/Juve, etc) I've read comments on how pleased the fans are if players from their club doesn't play at all during the national teams matches because "they won't got tired from those stupid matches". So, I guess is much more common than you think.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:18 am 

Agreed - lots of "too much international football" stuff goes around. Lots of 'it's a waste of time / we don't pay for these players to do this / what do we get out of it'. Part of the business of business I suppose.

Grassroots ?

England are the champions of the world when a tournament starts, then are a bit of a disappointment, then there's some 'well, we expected better' grumbling, followed by 'WHO ARE THEY TO BESMIRCH THE HOLY NAME OF CHEAP LAGER AND ST GEORGE' when they're inevitably knocked out around the semi-finals.

Hilarious, as it happens every single time.

Dungeon_Vic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:46 am 

We traditionally viewed our national team as utter shit (and for good reason), with the exception of the Otto Rehagel years, where we granted them god status when they won Euro 2004 against all logic and odds and then we gradually reverted to normality, considering the national team a disgrace, with even better reason, like losing in our home to Faroe Islands in 2014 (we were ranked 18th at the time, they were 187th). We managed to lose at Faroe islands too.

So, yeah. Also, when I was in the UK, it was a common theme at the time (1996-2001) to bash their national team. You can see the AliG - Beckhams interview for a taste of that as well.

Vic's Dungeon - Remember the Fallen:
Jeff Hanneman: Evil Notes and Sad Riffs
Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
Paul Baloff (Exodus)
Holy Terror and Keith Deen
Roger Patterson (Atheist)

Last edited by Dungeon_Vic on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:25 am 

Interesting ...

I was under the impression that hating on your national football team is a Hungarian specialty , but I guess not ...

FWIW I suppose my ignorance stems from the fact that I've never had a conversation about this subject IRL with other Europeans .

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:50 pm 

Germans hate their national team with a passion and the titles they won are seen as flukes or accidents. Because the German national team really does fucking suck and the only way they won those titles was because other national teams sucked even more.

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:27 am 

droneriot wrote:
Germans hate their national team with a passion and the titles they won are seen as flukes or accidents. Because the German national team really does fucking suck and the only way they won those titles was because other national teams sucked even more.

Funny that - the English team has always been mediocre, but the 1966 win is still seen as divine right; all other poor performances are blasphemy put on the players / management / referees / non-compliant foreigners.

We could do with more of the German attitude about it, really !

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:27 pm 

Well done Arsenal! Especially Aubameyang’s first goal, the second was a little squidly. I liked the banner behind the net saying “We’re Not Really Here” :p

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:27 pm 

Yes I heard Mesut was spectacularly watching from somewhere else again.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next