Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:37 am 

Terri23 wrote:
Has there ever been less inspiring news in football? Given his stature and his talent this should have been genuinely exciting. Instead, he joins the one team where his influence is completely redundant. They'll canter to the league, and somehow fuck up the Champions League.

Yep I agree. It will be great seeing Messi winning a Champions League after 6 years but PSG will just obliterate the competition in Ligue 1 and fall short on UCL. I am predicting a quarter final appearance at most for them.

Terri23 wrote:
Did anyone see the allegations of Real Madrid attempting to leave the Primera Liga for the EPL? How fucking delusional is that club? I really would love it if their financial problems cripple them for a long time to come. Barcelona are completely fucked, yet the bookmakers still have them ahead of Atletico for the league, which is nuts. Legitimately Barca could struggle to qualify for the UCL next season.

Woah this club never ceases to amaze me. Well considering that in the '50s they literally asked the dictator Franco to forbid Di Stefano's transfer to Barcelona this is not big news.
As far as La Liga goes I think that while Atletico has an advantage it will be a really close chase for the title.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:50 pm 

It's official: Cristiano Ronaldo is back in Man Utd.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:31 pm 

He was very close to joining Manchester City. Which would have been hilarious.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:27 pm 

i feel that was just the rumour mill, i doubt he ever actually wanted to go to city

Deathdoom1992
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:50 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
i feel that was just the rumour mill, i doubt he ever actually wanted to go to city

Apparently his agent used City as leverage in negotiations with United; don't know if that's true but it wouldn't surprise me with Jorge Mendes.

It was pretty funny to see United fans losing their shit when they thought he was gonna join City though.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:08 pm 

Well Ronaldo has scored in every game since he debuted, which is great to see.
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:26 am 

gestapothrash wrote:
Well Ronaldo has scored in every game since he debuted, which is great to see.

This isn't exactly a surprise. But United haven't played well at all in their last two games. They lost to Young Boys midweek, and West Ham thoroughly outplayed them for much of the game on the weekend. I predicted this amongst friends. He'll score 35 goals this season, and United will somehow be worse than they were last season. It happened with Juventus last season.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:52 am 

For one though I was so happy seeing Ronaldo score for Utd. He is back home to finish a career that only a handful have achieved.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:31 am 

Didn't see that coming but Arsenal thrashed Spurs inside Emirates. Arteta's recipe is finally coming together.

But I cannot help but feel bad for Spurs. They have some of the best material on the league and their later moves have been atrocious... how on earth do you expect to step up on the top when even Kane wants to bail out?

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:36 pm 

Big upset yesterday in the CL, Sheriff from Moldavia beat Real Madrid away with 2-1. So now they're ahead of the group after two rounds, before Real Madrid, Inter and Shakhtar Donetsk, since they also defeated the latter at home in the first round.

Also good to see the German branch of a certain energy drink losing at home against Club Brügge despite taking the lead.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:42 am 

Glad to see Ronaldo score that late goal against Villarreal, just to see that midget Alberto Moreno's face (can't stand him). Not exactly as good as winning a cup final, but if we can play a part in them either going back to Europa or being eliminated from European cup football, I'll feel better much better hahaha. Nonetheless, that win was all luck and nothing more, which is worrying.

UCL group stage has been very unpredictable this year, can't wait to see what else is in store.
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:03 am 

Man United have been terrible for a few games now, and this Liverpool fan is loving it. I said earlier that Ronaldo will get his goals, and United would be worst for it, and it's happening. They are a shambles, and Villarreal probably should have won that game.
I love the delicious irony of Sherrif beating Real Madrid the season after Fiorentino Perez came out and said this was the type of game that people wouldn't want to see. Brilliant.

Riffs wrote:

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:59 am 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer does it again! United were incredibly lucky to get the draw. They really should be belting teams like Everton.

Riffs wrote:

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:04 pm 

Loved him as a player, not so much as a coach though…

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:43 pm 

He's a meme in football communities. United fans have this blinkered view of him as manager. Despite almost everyone knowing he isn't particularly good as a manager, he almost has this untouchable status because of That One Night in Barcelona. The rest of us, particularly those that despise United love the fact that he's in the job. He's also got his buddies in the media that refuse to criticise him (Scholes, Neville, Rio et al) which seems to highlight his almost untouchable status.

You look at the other top teams in England, and see their managers (Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel) who any club in the world would just about kill for, and then you have Solskjaer. If Solskjaer were to lose his job, he certainly wouldn't be in the running for the top European clubs in the same way the other 3 would be.

Riffs wrote:

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 pm 

It's official, Newcastle has been bought by a consortium led by the Saudi Arabian government's sovereign wealth fund.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:09 pm 

It’ll be interesting to see how this changes things for them, and I wonder how crazy they’ll go in the next transfer window, especially with the FFP regulations in place.

On one hand I’m happy for them and excited to see another team potentially contesting the PL top 5 for the next couple of years, but on the other hand I wonder how far this will take them and if it’ll be as big as the media are making it out to be… PSG and Man City still haven’t won a UCL cup even with Arab money, so we’ll see how far this takes them. Exciting times for football though

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:57 am 

If you consider mediocre clubs reaching the top thanks to being taken over by mass-murdering regimes exciting, then yes, these are exciting times indeed. I'd call it depressing times.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:32 pm 

Conscience aside with the whole Saudi thing, the same 5 clubs have dominated the PL for a long time now, how could you not be slightly excited for a spanner being thrown into the works…? And a clubs mediocrity or superiority is only determined by the money backing them at the end of the day

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:46 pm 

How I could not be excited? I just mentioned how that is. And I've never claimed that Newcastle is the only club relevant, hence "clubs". And I've never made an argument against money driving clubs to or keeping them at the top. That's been the case since players became professional, but it has not been done in this way for that long, far from it. And it's still not being done this way in for example Germany.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:25 am 

Mönchengladbach beat Bayern Munich with 5-0 in the cup... And it's not like the cup has low status in Germany, and Bayern didn't send a reserve team or something, and no red cards or anything like that either.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:43 am 

Farmers league does indeed get interesting when Bayern get beaten

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:44 am 

mönchengladbach was on fire really, they seriously OBLITERATED bayern. and bayern sent their prime side indeed. first time MG beat bayern in the cup and highest cup defeat for bayern ever.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:46 am 

Who would’ve thought United and Bayern would both cop 5-0 losses in the same week

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:02 pm 

german cup kinda known for upsets though isnt it.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:24 pm 

Not sure about that. And certainly not regarding Bayern Munich, or big unexpected losses like that. 2-0 would have been one thing.

However, in France, the domestic cups have a long tradition of lower league clubs going far.

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:59 pm 

Totally missed the news that Conti is the new Spurs manager. I predict he will do better than Mourinho but will similarly wear out his welcome in a few seasons.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:01 pm 

Yep, on a contract til 2023. He’s definitely great for a short burst of good, but he doesn’t exactly have a history of longevity with teams. Love em’ and leave em’ Conte

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:33 am 

oldmetalhead wrote:
Totally missed the news that Conti is the new Spurs manager. I predict he will do better than Mourinho but will similarly wear out his welcome in a few seasons.

I think that one or two good seasons is all that Spurs need in order to get back on track. I am a gunner but I do not like seeing the club that finished second in the UCL get slandered by mediocre performances caused my mismanagement of the squad. Harry Kane is a phenomenal player and he deserves a good team.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:14 am 

Good to see that Athletico Paranaense beat Red Bull Bragantino in the final of Copa Sudamericana (equivalent to Europa League), thus making one of the many clubs taken over by that energy drink corporation miss out on a title.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:24 am 

Ole is gone! Hopefully the captain’s armband will be taken off Maguire soon. Can only go up from here

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 am 

gestapothrash wrote:
Ole is gone! Hopefully the captain’s armband will be taken off Maguire soon. Can only go up from here

Don't get too ahead of yourself. They've promoted Michael Carrick to interim manager, and retained the entire coaching staff. Apparently Carrick is intended to be the manager for the rest of the season.

Riffs wrote:

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:42 pm 

Although Arsenal lost 4-0 to Liverpool I ain't that mad at all. It is an impressive feat for the gunners to be top 5 on the league after a long time, and the top 3 are our ceiling which we cannot beat. It is now a matter of focusing on the two cups and securing a place in the European fields for next years.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:35 pm 

This is fucking ridiculous... What the fuck did Messi do to win the Golden Ball?! Lewandowksi should have won it.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 pm 

well, just being messi, I guess. :wanker: you're completely right of course, this should've been lewandowski's award and nobody else's.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:20 pm 

its def a new low but it was always an award overly fixated on those who scored the most goals or played for the right clubs.

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:22 pm 

Just as rigged and corrupt as FIFA and UEFA

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:46 am 

I mainly think they gave it to Messi for his having won the Copa America.

Which is of course a bullshit reason. Leva surely deserved it.

I am know rooting for Bayern and City in the UCL and hoping that PSG will bottle it.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:40 am 

Freiburg beat Mönchengladbach away with 6-0. But what's even more remarkable is that they scored all goals within the first 37 minutes of the game. And there was no penalty or red card or anything.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:07 pm 

Unity wrote:
This is fucking ridiculous... What the fuck did Messi do to win the Golden Ball?! Lewandowksi should have won it.

The Golden Ball has had no credibility for some time now. Messi won it on reputation. Most fans don't take it particularly seriously. The best player in the world for the second half of 2021 by some distance has been Mo Salah, and in the first half it was probably Lewandowski. If you're going to rank it with trophies won it should have been Jorginho.

Liverpool look fucking scary this season. Up until last week, they had the top 3 scorers in the division, and still have 3 of the top 4. Averaging a touch under 3 goals a game in this Premier League is phenomenal. It looks like it could be a 3 horse race, though I expect one of those clubs to drop away in the near future - it could be Liverpool with AFCON coming up.

Riffs wrote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next