Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:43 am 

Vince really just doesn't know how to fuck off, does he? I wish I could say I was shocked. If he does end up selling WWE, I'm not even sure where it could take the company, could be to its ultimate downfall.

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:16 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:
Terri23 wrote:
The most interesting thing happening in wrestling at the moment is at WWE boardroom level. Vince is back. And he's back to sell WWE, looking to have the company sold by April. He effectively held the company hostage demanding back his chair position. He's truly fucking insane.

Well then, thats not an exaggeration :o

For real. Stephanie is now out, and word is that a Saudi interest is buying the company.

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:10 pm 

I watched WWF Saturday Nights Main Event, Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, and Wrestle Mania, from the one where Hulk takes on Randy Savage, 'till when Hulk goes up against Sid Vicious. That was a classic era of WWF. It's pretty shocking that a lot of those athletes/characters, incl. Randy, Mr Perfect, Rick Rude, Warrior, are no longer with us. RIP

Valandil_79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:24 pm 

TadGhostal wrote:
For real. Stephanie is now out, and word is that a Saudi interest is buying the company.

I literally just heard this on The Joe Rogan Show. A Saudi investment fund just bought it.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:01 pm 

Valandil_79 wrote:
TadGhostal wrote:

I literally just heard this on The Joe Rogan Show. A Saudi investment fund just bought it.

People are starting to walk back that rumor now.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:12 am 

Jay Briscoe died in a car accident yesterday. He's best known as half of the best independent tag team of the last 20 years, the Briscoes (with younger brother Mark), during which time he'd been a recognized 29-time Tag Team champion across 14 promotions (including 13x in ROH, twice in CZW, once in NJPW, once in Impact, once in GCW, and once in NOAH). He was also a 2-time ROH World champion, voted as Tag Team of the Year in 2007 by WON, and recently had a series of instant classic with FTR over the various belts held between the two teams.

He leaves behind his wife, children, and younger brother. Sussex County (Delaware, US) schools have been closed for the date of January 18th in mourning, as the Briscoes were local celebrities and considered well-respected members of the community.

RIP 1984-2023

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:06 pm 

R.I.P. Iron Sheik

Defenestrated
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:16 pm 

I've been out of the loop for a couple decades, only checking in periodically (big nostalgia kick during COVID). Most of the news that catches my eye these days has to do with deaths...of which there are two to report here. :(

"I'm heartbroken over the news of Bray Wyatt's passing. Always had tremendous respect and love for him and the Rotunda family. Loved his presence, promos, in ring work and connection with @wwe universe," Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson wrote on X.

"Very unique, cool and rare character, which is hard to create in our crazy world of pro wrestling. Still processing losing the goat, Terry Funk yesterday and now Bray today. My love, light, strength & mana to the Rotunda family and Funk family during this tough, heartbreaking time," he continued.

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wwe-wrestler-bray-wyatt-dies-36/story?id=102548543

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:31 pm 

:-D pro guys in underwear rompin around with other guys in underwear.....yah.....gotta love it :love:

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:02 pm 

deadtome wrote:
:-D pro guys in underwear rompin around with other guys in underwear.....yah.....gotta love it :love:

???

You don't have to watch it if you don't want to...

I think at least a good portion, if not most, of pro wrestling fans are well aware of how homoerotic it is

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:38 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
deadtome wrote:

???

You don't have to watch it if you don't want to...

I think at least a good portion, if not most, of pro wrestling fans are well aware of how homoerotic it is

My apologies Sir, I just meant it as a joke. My dad watched it back in the day and I liked the cartoon. I'm referring to the Hulk Hogan
days that is :)
Again, olen pahoillani (I'm sorry).

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm 

Anyone else has WWE 2k23? Bought it recently on Steam and it's my first wrestling game since Smackdown vs. Raw 2007. I like it so far. Good name. And yes, I'm aware that Universe will eventually freeze, but whatever.

I no longer watch wrestling. Last time I watched WWE was right before the pandemic began. AEW I stopped watching before Punk and Danielson joined it. It was losing quality fast. But nowadays WWE games have massive rosters with lots of legends from the past and also give you 100 CAW spots that you can just download. I don't even play as most of the current roster. Guys like Otis and such are just my jobbers in Universe mode,

VaderCrush
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:19 am 

2K23 is the first wwe game Ive bought since like 2k16 and I am honestly kind of shocked at how bare bones it is gameplay-wise. Theres a million tools in the creation suite but universe mode is the exact same thing as it always has been except maybe a little more busted, the GM mode is barely a GM mode, and myfaction is monetized into infinity

I dunno, it just feels like a worse version of the games I was playing going on a decade ago

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:44 pm 

VaderCrush wrote:
2K23 is the first wwe game Ive bought since like 2k16 and I am honestly kind of shocked at how bare bones it is gameplay-wise. Theres a million tools in the creation suite but universe mode is the exact same thing as it always has been except maybe a little more busted, the GM mode is barely a GM mode, and myfaction is monetized into infinity

I dunno, it just feels like a worse version of the games I was playing going on a decade ago

I've heard some criticisms for most of the WWE games ever since 2K took the license. General consensus seems to be that 2k14 was the best one and the rest have been rather hit and miss? But I picked 2k23 up because I read several people saying it was the best one in a long time.

Apparently, this game marks the return of the GM mode... and it's not much different from how it was back in the SmackDown vs. Raw days- In fact, a GM mode seems pointless when there's a mode like Universe.

MyFaction seems pointless when WWE could just make another mobile game like Supercard for that kind of audience.

The thing that annoys me the most is having to hear Michael Cole and his clones commenting every single match. I miss Jim Ross so much.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24