Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Eradicatedseraphim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:02 pm 

Weezer suck and no amount of revisionism can change that, trash vocals, flaccid riffs. I can't do it at all

I was driving to Meijer today with my girlfriend and Lil Durk came on her playlist. Imagine the most banal of trap beats with generic 234324th studio cooked Modern country vocals. It was really bad

Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:25 am 

Currently on Latin America there is a horrible trend going on now... its about a poorly covered song from Dido renamed as "Bebito Fiu Fiu".
Dont look for it... warned you are..

lol I believe there's a misunderstanding. Tonatiuth is referring to the deathcore band, not anything related to your music.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:37 pm 

LongHairIsSoFuckingCool
Edgy Metal Noob Catchphrase Dispenser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:07 pm 

recyclage wrote:
Anyone who writes "The Deftones" isn't trustworthy.

Leet_Speaker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:07 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Still not as ass as this, though:

What is this Big Balls slander I hear?!?!?!

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:28 pm 

"Big Balls" is a pretty dumb song and pretty much a tongue and cheek joke, and maybe even a low point for AC/DC.
Still better than anything the Mentors did, though.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:57 am 

:ugh:

:ugh:

I apologize for even posting this trash in the thread

I apologize for everything bad I said about Skinlab

A few weeks back, I decided to listen to this album the whole way through. No shit, it actually made me angry. I gave up as soon as I heard this guy badly, BADLY rap about taking a piss, and then went back to it a few hours later out of a distant fleeting hope that maybe it'd wind up disgustingly annoyingly quasi-fun like Limp Bizkit, but it kept getting worse and I hadn't been that angry over a musical album since the one time I accidentally wound up listening to a skinhead oi! punk album

The worst part about all this is that I can just PERFECTLY imagine the walking epitome of douchebaggery circa 2003 bopping to this toilet waste music. Listening to Crazy Town and Limp Bizkit, watching the Man Show and Jackass, playing BMX XXX and GTA 3 and the Guy Game, drinking Lipton tea out of a beer bottle to impress his 8th grade friends

That's what this evoked in my head, and I feel horrible

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:11 pm 

Anyone wanna unearth a grave and hate yourselves?

This appears to be the only one of Shadow of Death's releases that are on Youtube and holy fucking shit

j_bentley12885
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:53 pm 

I do like Throbbing Gristle but "What a Day" is pretty awful.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:50 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUmKPy-pGec

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:13 am 

"Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop, they didn't want to, it was all they had got, selling pressed rats collection of dog's leg, and feet. Between them they carried a three-legged sack. Sadly, they left, telling no one goodbye, went straight round the corner, and never came back."

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:35 pm 

This is low effort, I know. And let me say, they are not the worst band. They are not even the worst butt rock band of their era. Creed is worse. At least Nickelback is making an attempt at being fun. And “burn it to the ground” shows that they could write at least one song that rocks and is kind of enjoyable.

But this, this is offensive, to me. Nickelback are from the Canadian province of Alberta. And San Quentin prison is for crimes committed in the US state of California. That’s where I live. You don’t get to go there, Nickelback, I do. If, or when, I fuck it up really badly, and throw my life away. They just watched some movie once, where some cholos from Los Angeles got incarcerated in San Quentin, and they heard some 80s mainstream metal/rock song, about going there, and thought “badass, man, San Quentin, rock and roll!” That is, unless they do some sexual crime, or DUI vehicular manslaughter here. What makes me say that?

As the video points out, for the US listener, that phone sound is the “Amber alert.” It’s a mobile phone alert, broadcast by local governments, warning you to look out for a car, with an abducted child in it. And they’re using it, to summon underage girls to their show. And the lyrics are about how ‘badass’ drunk driving is. Say what you want, about Metallica’s style changes, and St. Anger, but this video tries to be visually similar enough, and has the name of the famous prison, where the title song’s video was filmed. I will compare theirs to it, and I find it inferior. Forget the actual music, James Hetfield gave the inmates a talk, about how he was one of them, before they played the song(you can see this, in the documentary). He’s just like them, and just like me. He was saying that if it hadn’t been for getting rich and famous off of his music, he could’ve ended up there. They didn’t have to pay people, to pretend to go crazy for their music, and speak a bunch of bullshit.

The parody scumbag butt rock song kicks ass. Gets me fired up, awaiting my next hit of beer.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:09 pm 

That's a great video. It's hilarious that Nickelback is all 50-year-olds now, still making these dumb songs they've been making since day one about beer, partying, and hookers. What's the worst thing the character does in that song? Gets drunk and passes out. He wakes up in a notorious state prison for big offenses - in the US, while being portrayed by a Canadian. It's so stupid.

Pat Finnerty is a criminally underrated Youtuber and has a knack like no other I've seen for putting annoying musical things that I've never been able to describe to words. If you enjoy that video, you'll enjoy all his other ones. And it's crazy how much Dead Man Trail rocks when compared to Nickelback. That little ounce of self-awareness goes a long way.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:14 pm 

Pat Finnerty is the only thing I’ve truly enjoyed, in the greed-and-clickbait-algorithmic-ruined sewer, that is modern YouTube.

And the “holy book of wang” version is even better, the blues man vocal accents, the new riff at the end, where the way go from blues scale to a new mode, and go “put your fists up,” so sick.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:01 pm 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Pat Finnerty is the only thing I’ve truly enjoyed, in the greed-and-clickbait-algorithmic-ruined sewer, that is modern YouTube.

He's a slap in the face to everything annoying and cheesy about music YouTube. Constantly making jabs at other people in the field and satirizing common tropes, like a stack of amplifiers in the background of the video. Plus his videos are several times lengthier than the average Internet attention span allows for. And he hit his stride right out of the gate. At age 41. He's a prodigy.
Quote:
And the “holy book of wang” version is even better, the blues man vocal accents, the new riff at the end, where the way go from blues scale to a new mode, and go “put your fists up,” so sick.

I'd love to hear that guy sing Soundgarden or something. What a kickass voice.

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:27 pm 

Kid Rock truly never seems to disappoint as far as worst songs ever heard go :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFnLqJ ... el=KidRock

:lol:

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:43 pm 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:

This is low effort, I know. And let me say, they are not the worst band. They are not even the worst butt rock band of their era. Creed is worse. At least Nickelback is making an attempt at being fun. And “burn it to the ground” shows that they could write at least one song that rocks and is kind of enjoyable.

But this, this is offensive, to me. Nickelback are from the Canadian province of Alberta. And San Quentin prison is for crimes committed in the US state of California. That’s where I live. You don’t get to go there, Nickelback, I do. If, or when, I fuck it up really badly, and throw my life away. They just watched some movie once, where some cholos from Los Angeles got incarcerated in San Quentin, and they heard some 80s mainstream metal/rock song, about going there, and thought “badass, man, San Quentin, rock and roll!” That is, unless they do some sexual crime, or DUI vehicular manslaughter here. What makes me say that?

As the video points out, for the US listener, that phone sound is the “Amber alert.” It’s a mobile phone alert, broadcast by local governments, warning you to look out for a car, with an abducted child in it. And they’re using it, to summon underage girls to their show. And the lyrics are about how ‘badass’ drunk driving is. Say what you want, about Metallica’s style changes, and St. Anger, but this video tries to be visually similar enough, and has the name of the famous prison, where the title song’s video was filmed. I will compare theirs to it, and I find it inferior. Forget the actual music, James Hetfield gave the inmates a talk, about how he was one of them, before they played the song(you can see this, in the documentary). He’s just like them, and just like me. He was saying that if it hadn’t been for getting rich and famous off of his music, he could’ve ended up there. They didn’t have to pay people, to pretend to go crazy for their music, and speak a bunch of bullshit.

The parody scumbag butt rock song kicks ass. Gets me fired up, awaiting my next hit of beer.

I'd say Theory of a Deadman is way worse than Nickelback or Creed when it comes to that flock of bands. I'd say Theory of a Deadman likely don't get as much hostility as Nickelback or Creed because while they were quite big in the 2000s, they were never as big as Creed or Nickelback were. Nickelback and Creed are easier targets for that reason.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:06 pm 

The correct answer to the question of "Who was the worst band of the whole early 2000s butt rock craze?" is Hinder, and it's not even close. They are legitimately one of the worst bands I have ever heard in my life that somehow became a giant success, and I've never heard one song by them that wasn't rotten.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:58 pm 

I never really minded Creed, to be honest. They've always been better than their peers in the butt rock genre.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:40 pm 

Occasionally Creed will stumble across a legit banger, like Ode, Are You Ready, or, dare I say it, My Own Prison (if you can push past the awful Christian lyrics it's a well written song). They'd be 10 times better if Scott Stapp didn't put so much time into sounding literally indistinct from Eddie Vedder or if they just had a different singer.

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:49 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
I never really minded Creed, to be honest. They've always been better than their peers in the butt rock genre.

Indeed.

Nocturnal_Evil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:55 am 

I don't know what song it was, but there was one playing at a visitor center at a national park I visited once a long time ago. Some jingle about the rain cycle. Hands down the actual worst song I've ever heard in my life. Every now and then it will pop back into my head for no reason and not leave!

Leet_Speaker wrote:
Slater922 wrote:

Sir, please leave the hall. That song is fun.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:56 pm 

Nocturnal_Evil wrote:
I don't know what song it was, but there was one playing at a visitor center at a national park I visited once a long time ago. Some jingle about the rain cycle. Hands down the actual worst song I've ever heard in my life. Every now and then it will pop back into my head for no reason and not leave!

Leet_Speaker wrote:
Slater922 wrote:

Sir, please leave the hall. That song is fun.

For a similar lyrical theme, She's Got Balls is way better from a musical stand point.

Acetrex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:53 am 

I'm a big pro wrestling fan and bought WWE 2k22 around the time it came out earlier this year. For some reason, they chose Machine Gun Kelly to be the one who chose the soundtrack. That's the only reason I was ever given the horrible displeasure of listening to this song.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:37 pm 

I should've posted this amazing piece of art in this thread a couple days ago. Oh well, it's never too late!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:35 pm 

A sponsored Instagram post exposed this nonsense to me. Shit's no good, people.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:10 am 

Thanks Subrick, I'm sad now.

tobi is an animal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:51 pm 

Alanis Morissette - Ironic

simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 1:41 pm 

Any song by Ed Shithead... I mean, Sheeran. My God, his songs are terrible and makes it worse that the radio seem to shove his "music" down our throats. Has he ever made ONE decent song?

Also, recently, I can't stand Sam Shit... or Smith's "Unholy". I mean, fucking hell. Sam Shit looks like when Satan shat him out after eating the worst burrito from Taco Bell going: "Ewww!!"

And then you have this...

Boy, talk about depressing...

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:24 am 

'Worst' is maybe debatable but almost certainly the most instantaneous cringe I've had in a while from a song. Just... euugh.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:28 am 

Hearing his pronunciation of "kid" made me cringe so hard I think I felt my spleen rupture.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:17 am 

I'm so late to the Corey Feldman train, but thank god

Oh my fucking god

It's like Corey Feldman took the concept of music, fed it through a paper shredder, then taped it back together using rotting white blood cells.

This isn't The Shaggs level of bad, where there's an innocent charm to the chaos. This is something monstrously, cosmically bad. This is something so horribly, hilariously terrible, it's like the universe played a practical joke on the concept of sound itself.
It's not just bad; it's magnificently, spectacularly, breathtakingly bad.

I've never heard a professional pop song somehow achieve this binaural state of sounding like a generic hyperpop track AND outsider music at the same time, but he's done it.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:57 pm 

Napalm_Satan wrote:

'Worst' is maybe debatable but almost certainly the most instantaneous cringe I've had in a while from a song. Just... euugh.

okay hot take incoming. Lyrics make me wanna kill myself, but, musically I think it's really catchy.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:04 pm 

Eh I can see it but like... there's a thousand songs out there that do what this song does (and better, at that) that don't have weapons-grade cringe for lyrics. And pop punk is no stranger to cringe lyrics so that is saying something.

Honestly the catchiness may make it worse - because the lyrics are so front and centre... do you want to remember this song and its lyrics?

Eradicatedseraphim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:23 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Geez, dude, you really seem hell bent on dying on the Weezer hill.

Bad hill to die on the band is fucking horrendous, and no amount of teary-eyed rants from their fans (former or whatever) can change that.

Also adding this:

The part where Shadows belts out:"BUT IT SMELL THE PLASTIC DAISIES" I was laughing. One of the worst rock tracks I've heard in recent memory

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:50 pm 

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 pm 

^Like Rebecca Black, only ten years later, two years younger, and I swear to God, I'd almost swear it's the same fucking sleazy creepy dude producing the video, since he always used to do cameo in those. And the song is just as annoying.

akb88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:07 pm 

Eradicatedseraphim wrote:
Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
Geez, dude, you really seem hell bent on dying on the Weezer hill.

Bad hill to die on the band is fucking horrendous, and no amount of teary-eyed rants from their fans (former or whatever) can change that.

Also adding this:

The part where Shadows belts out:"BUT IT SMELL THE PLASTIC DAISIES" I was laughing. One of the worst rock tracks I've heard in recent memory

What fresh hell is this? :o
I'm quite partial to early A7X - in particular the stuff they did with "The Rev". Haven't liked anything by them since the self titled album. Just did a quick skim through the new album and all of the songs are like this, holy shit.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50