Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:13 am 

Well it looks like Kid Rock came out with another dumpster rock classic not too long ago :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agvibm7 ... el=KidRock

:ugh:

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 am 

Khan Vozdig wrote:
Well it looks like Kid Rock came out with another dumpster rock classic not too long ago :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agvibm7 ... el=KidRock

:ugh:

Yeah, this was one of the worst songs to come out of that year. It's basically what Tom MacDonald would sound like if he did rock (and not even good rock at that).

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:38 pm 

Kid Rock hasn't been relevant since, oh, around 20 years ago or so.

And for good reason. His music has sucked for most of that time period (if it ever DIDN'T suck to begin with), and I've heard he's jumped on the whole far-right/Boogaloo Boys anti-democracy bandwagon now.

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:39 am 

Yeah I imagine that ( thankfully ) Kid Rock is no longer relevant ...

That said that song I linked is truly the worst newer song I've heard/music video I've seen so far , coming off as a cross between a Josh Thompson song and an Eminem remix , topped off by an obviously fake corn pone accent using Canadian butt rock band guitarist wearing a Slayer T shirt . :-D

Anyways here's another worst song you've ever heard classic , this time from the other end of the world :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJa2kwo ... nnuMallesh

:lol:

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:28 am 

Hey, "Pound On My Muffin" is back on Youtube!: https://youtu.be/9yle4QXJWcY

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

nephilim80
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:14 am 

Right off the bat these:

Sonic Syndicate - My Own Life
Metallica - Shoot Me Again
Crazy Town - Butterfly

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:47 am 

Kanye West (or Ye, what ever) went berserk when his ex found a new ding dong.

Spoiler: show

Roktan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:36 am 

Behold. This "band" called The GOAT And Your MOM (what a lovely title * cough sarcasm*) is racist. Can't you tell he's one of THOSE douches when he's wearing an Texas state flag cape and a small American flag draped over his leg? Also, more importantly because you can here someone in the crowd yell "Play the N-word song!" If someone is asking for one, it probably exists. Also, NSFW because sexual fetish lyrics and the guy is practically naked with nothing but Texas star underwear and is thrusting his junk constantly. Although I have to admit it is kinda funny when the guy comes up and grabs it whilst he's thrusting as if he's amazed.

YouTube channel of vocal covers and stream uploads: https://www.youtube.com/user/Roktan
Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/redlightroktan
Twitter: @RedLightRoktan

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:58 am 

GOAT is a classic meme band. Good for a laugh once in a while. I think the singer is originally from California, despite his Texas-themed stage costume. Unless I'm much mistaken, he found more of an audience for his obscene music in Texas than in California, so he rebranded himself.

~Guest 220079
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:20 pm 

nephilim80 wrote:
Crazy Town - Butterfly

This one is correct, and how they parlayed that into a spot on Ozzfest is mind boggling. The Ozzfest crowd hated Marilyn Manson's guts at the '97 show I was at and it isn't hard to imagine the reaction these guys elicited.

My own: Party Rock by LMFAO. When my kids were younger we used to have top 40 radio on in the vehicle quite a bit, and when this diddy dropped it was on steady, and I couldn't understand it. Mostly I can begrudgingly recognize why something is popular but this one .....

Roktan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:44 pm 

Beyoncé is a great singer. That said, I detest this song. The chorus is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever heard especially with the constant "what"s, and it's repeated too much.

YouTube channel of vocal covers and stream uploads: https://www.youtube.com/user/Roktan
Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/redlightroktan
Twitter: @RedLightRoktan

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:51 pm 

:lol: nah that songs great idk what you're on about. Waiting for a Destiny's Child reunion, they should get together for the next SB halftime show

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:42 pm 

Some of the worst songs I've ever heard are:

Metallica - I Disappear
Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA
Rebecca Black - Friday

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:20 pm 

Man, you're just picking memes and/or songs that aren't actually bad. Step up your game

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:29 pm 

Judas Maiden wrote:

Metallica - I Disappear
Seriously?

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:44 pm 

Smalley wrote:
Judas Maiden wrote:

Metallica - I Disappear
Seriously?

I hope that one's a joke. Sure, I Disappear is far from Metallica's best song, but calling it the worst is stretching things too far.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:30 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Smalley wrote:
Judas Maiden wrote:

Metallica - I Disappear
Seriously?

I hope that one's a joke. Sure, I Disappear is far from Metallica's best song, but calling it the worst is stretching things too far.
Yeah; if anything, it's one of their best songs as far as their post-80's output goes. I mean, how can anyone think it's terrible when "Don't Tread On Me" already existed before it?

ThStealthK wrote:

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:51 am 

I Disappear imo is actually non deserving of much of the hate it gets.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:15 pm 

It was meant to be a movie soundtrack song and fits that bill perfectly. Boring as hell music, repetitive songwriting, stupid and repetitive lyrics. It just sounds sort of angry in the background, which I imagine suited the purpose well.

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:30 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Smalley wrote:
Judas Maiden wrote:

Metallica - I Disappear
Seriously?

This thread asked for my opinion and I gave it. Now, my opinion doesn't have to be the same as yours. What I think sucks may be different from you think sucks. YOu don't have to agree with my opinion and I respect that so respect mine.

So for me, 'I Disappear' is one of the worst Metallica songs. It may not be their ultimate worst, but it was the first thing that came to my mind when I read this thread. I hated that song when it came out. It's a complete and utter simplistic garbage of a song.

And Don't Tread On Me > I Disappear.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:37 pm 

Dat cover art...
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:42 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Dat cover art...

You should probably post it in this thread too.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:58 pm 

If we're talking about terrible Metallica songs with terrible cover art, here's a repost from years back:

Megatokyo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:11 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLR1XQJ9Bw

AC/DC aren't known for mature and serious songs, but mannnn this is laughably bad. The riff is okay but the lyrics (and Brian's singing) are complete ass.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:18 am 

Yuli Ban wrote:
If we're talking about terrible Metallica songs with terrible cover art, here's a repost from years back:

Oh god, that's one exceptional song and cover! Might have to put this one in the "so bad it's good" category.

Megatokyo wrote:

AC/DC aren't known for mature and serious songs, but mannnn this is laughably bad. The riff is okay but the lyrics (and Brian's singing) are complete ass.

Still not as ass as this, though:

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:59 am 

I'll be honest with you guys, the drum production on St. Anger doesn't sound that bad to me. I actually kinda like how the snare sounds, it has a sort of raw appeal.

Now, if you wanna talk about REAL bad production, I listened to Nihility by Decapitated the other day. The kick drum sounds reminds me of that monkey-typewriter theorem, the guitar solos sound like they're being played in another room, and there's a constant high-pitched ringing that makes you question whether or not your headphones are broken. This is really an iconic tech death song?

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:18 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
I'll be honest with you guys, the drum production on St. Anger doesn't sound that bad to me. I actually kinda like how the snare sounds, it has a sort of raw appeal.

Now, if you wanna talk about REAL bad production, I listened to Nihility by Decapitated the other day. The kick drum sounds reminds me of that monkey-typewriter theorem, the guitar solos sound like they're being played in another room, and there's a constant high-pitched ringing that makes you question whether or not your headphones are broken. This is really an iconic tech death song?

Well, the difference between that and St. Anger is that Decapitated makes up the poor production with some complex, technical riffing, which I personally don't mind. With St. Anger, however, the production feels really tedious and lasts for much longer than it needs to be, so I end up feeling tired at around the halfway point.

And if you really wanna talk about bad production in songs, you might wanna check out some gorenoise stuff.
Spoiler: show

Megatokyo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:59 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Yuli Ban wrote:

Oh god, that's one exceptional song and cover! Might have to put this one in the "so bad it's good" category.

Megatokyo wrote:

Still not as ass as this, though:

Big Balls is funny in a "so bad it's good" way, mistress for christmas is just dumb.

Yuli Ban
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:06 pm 

I only remember Big Balls because it was bizarrely a big meme song back during early YouTube
Well I guess they weren't called "memes" back then. More YouTube Poop shlock.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:16 pm 

Yuli Ban wrote:
I only remember Big Balls because it was bizarrely a big meme song back during early YouTube

Oh, man. Now that you've mentioned it, it's been a long time since I've seen any YouTube Poops, especially the older stuff from the late 2000s-early 2010s. I might have to binge on that stuff tomorrow for a recap.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:20 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
Yuli Ban wrote:

Oh, man. Now that you've mentioned it, it's been a long time since I've seen any YouTube Poops, especially the older stuff from the late 2000s-early 2010s. I might have to binge on that stuff tomorrow for a recap.

WalrusGuy seems to be making a comeback. He was always my favorite Pooper. :3

Maggot penetration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:56 am 

Too many to chose from but stuff like this would be amongst it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NcCNJZ60C24 Dillinja
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3bYDXQfVcRY Clipz

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:14 pm 

Justin Bieber - Baby.

Yeah - was forced to hear this piece of absolute hot garbage when my ex-grilfriends sister (back in 2012) played it on TV when we were all sitting there... had to hear the entire damn thing..

Last edited by In_Zane on Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:09 pm 

In_Zane wrote:
Justin Bieber - Baby.

Yeah - was forced to hear this piece of absolute hot garbage when my ex sister (back in 2012) played it on TV when we were all sitting there... had to hear the entire damn thing..

Well hello, time traveler. Do you come from the year 2010?

Seriously, at this point, the whole Baby hate thing has gotten old. Besides, there's since been far, far worse songs that've come out since Baby.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:28 pm 

In_Zane wrote:
…ex sister…

What is the meaning of this description, out of curiosity?

Justin Bieber is bad. Maybe not cringe inducing enough, for this thread, but just regular shitty plastic pop, for normies, with bad taste in music. But, you want to know what’ll be really cringe inducing? In 7-8 years, when they start doing clickbait articles, claiming that he’s good. They’re already doing it, for Britney Spears.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:19 pm 

Last few posts are making me nostalgic.

I think a few Britney Spears songs are perfectly listenable, nothing worth getting hyped about like some hipster music journos would tell you though.

I heard this in a taxi the other day. It is incredibly annoying and I can't get it out of my head, serious earworm warning:

In_Zane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:45 am 

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
In_Zane wrote:
…ex sister…

What is the meaning of this description, out of curiosity?

Maybe I wrote it wrong - but it was my ex-girlfriends sister. xD

Slater922 wrote:
Well hello, time traveler. Do you come from the year 2010?

Seriously, at this point, the whole Baby hate thing has gotten old. Besides, there's since been far, far worse songs that've come out since Baby.

I don't listen to radio - so I don't really hear any music beyond what I myself look for, and thus have avoided garbage.

This is the absolute worst song I've ever heard - so far.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:08 pm 

I don't know why I'm just stumbling on this now, but this is definitely in the running. The amount of effort put into something this excruciating on every level is astonishing.

Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:12 pm 

Forget Nickelback, Weezer is the worst rock band.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:16 pm 

Oh get out of here, Hash Pipe is still a good song. You could do so much worse than Weezer

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next