Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
simonitro
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:57 am 

Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

This song had tortured more unfortunate souls who are working in retail for many years moreso than any black metal band or Satan himself?

They repeat it on and on and on until you feel your spirit getting crushed that you'd be hoping to hear a Nickelback or a Justin Beiber song in between. Now, December is approaching and may God have mercy on mankind.

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:48 am 

It's certainly way overplayed, but I don't mind it. There are dozens of worse songs that assault everyone's ears throughout the season. But I prefer Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree", which is almost a rewrite of it and a much better song to me.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:20 pm 

There's this deathcore band called Chelsea Grin, and I absolutely despise them.

I need some help here, which is more dogshit in terms of vocals?
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:27 pm 

simonitro wrote:

This song had tortured more unfortunate souls who are working in retail for many years moreso than any black metal band or Satan himself?

They repeat it on and on and on until you feel your spirit getting crushed that you'd be hoping to hear a Nickelback or a Justin Beiber song in between. Now, December is approaching and may God have mercy on mankind.

I work part time at a grocery store. I dread the day they start playing Christmas music.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:23 am 

Christmas music is like “the star spangled banner.” Out of social context, inoffensive, mediocre music.

But when someone, anyone, doesn’t matter who, tries to make “their version,” of it, it’s always bad.

I dislike Christmas music. This may be bias, because I’ve heard it too much. But I can’t take it. Some of the more old school songs, are supposed to be about pre-modern drunken fun and fuckery, which I can respect, but they don’t play those, on the speakers in stores. It’s just stuff that 1950s suburbanites would’ve liked, or some cringey crap, like “pentatonix.”

Also, I stopped being Christian years ago. Why are they assaulting my ears, with this drivel, about salvation? Can’t they just play some good, clean, sex songs?

Edit: In other news, the psycho sexual five devil’s finger up your ass band just released nine albums, on the same day. Those of you who’re in bands, and waiting in line, to get your vinyls made, that was what was ahead of you.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:27 am 

Unless you were working on that for years, there's no way 9 albums released at once would be good

Dokaxi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:40 pm 

simonitro wrote:

So prepare your ears, the time of the year is coming...

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:10 pm 

I'm not against Christmas music, I just prefer to not hear it until at least December 1st. The Darlene Love song Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) is the banger of a lifetime.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:52 am 

Compared to Korn's other material, the new song is shit.

For comparison, here's a single from their last album:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:47 pm 

Pay attention throughout for the various rendering errors that I really, really hope were not intentional editing choices. Also, Mike LePond from Symphony X plays bass in this trainwreck.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:57 pm 

Definitely intentional editing choices. The video is undeniably cringe inducing though.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:56 pm 

Oh shit…I’m feeling hungover today. And seeing that, it makes me think that, maybe, drinking whiskey isn’t that great after all.
-John Gallagher

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:19 pm 

Ted Nugent released a new single a few days ago. I;m a huge fan of his 70s and 80s material -- especially the early albums with Derek St John and Meatloaf on vocals. But when Ted himself sings, things fall apart faster than you can say "own the libs".

Well, sadly, Uncle Ted "sings" on this new song. But he couples his dreadful vocals with some sort of embarrassing Uber-patriotism (whereby he's literally taking it in the rear for whatever pablum the American rightwing media machine is spewing today). It's bad, it's very bad.

At this point, the once great Unce Ted seems to have slid into the "self parody" phase of his career.

Judge for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO74BGKIrSc&t=9s

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:07 am 

2.5 minute song and I already feel I've heard that chant 6 times more than I can tolerate in a lifetime. Move over Eminem's White America, we have a new song to play in Guantanamo Bay!

I always love the argument that people love their country so much that they're willing to plunge it into civil war if anyone tries to take their deadly toys. For the record, I'm against gun confiscation for anyone not named Ted Nugent.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:19 pm 

My favorite part of the whole "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!" mentality and all the nonsense that goes with it is that would not you think the government would have already taken everyone's guns by this point if that's what they really wanted to do? The US government has shown countless times that they will fucking merc anyone that they want to with complete impunity and no real resistance, so why haven't they taken guns away from the people yet if that's truly what their goal is?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

nvamoni
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:12 pm 

That "Gucci Gang" is pretty sh*t.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:08 pm 

That chorus is beyond generic- it reminds me of an 80's era Bullet Boys (glam/hard rock) song which had an almost identical chorus, as well as that Billy Squier masterbation song from roughly the same time period. (you know which one I mean.)

"Yeah, don't take muh gunz away or muh freedumz..."

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:41 pm 

When he plays live now, does he still play “jail bait,” and “wang dang, what a sweet poontang?” Does his audience think that being against the lyrics of “jail bait,” is “political correctness gone too far?” Didn’t he adopt a 17 year old, then marry her, once she turned 18?
-John Gallagher

milosh111
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:55 pm 

she's back!

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:26 pm 

Ah yes....the miracles of modern AutoTune. Where ANYBODY can be a singer, only prerequisite is you have to be a somewhat attractive female- no actual talent required; just sing however you want and thanks to modern AutoTune techology, you will become an instant millionaire pop star.

I wish old metal dudes had a similiar ticket to instant stardom...

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:03 pm 

You have to be able to hold a note at least semi-competently for autotune to be of any use. If you're terrible at singing like her, autotune won't do a thing. Most modern pop songs you know that sound at least decent to the ears probably have some sort of auto-tuning going on, but you don't notice it because it's used to smooth out small irregularities instead of trying to force completely off-key trash into something nice sounding. Autotune is not an instant star maker.

And in a lot of modern music where the autotune is super apparent, it's a stylistic choice - think of mumble rap.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:43 pm 

The most offensively bad thing, about Sarah Brand’s music, is her bad lyrics. “Red dress” could’ve just been a funny, bad joke song, if not for phrases like “didn’t stew well with me,” when “stew” should be “sit.” I don’t know if Sarah Brand speaks any other languages, but there is almost no chance that English isn’t her first language, and she doesn’t seem to be special education. This makes me think that she’s never read poetry, or books.

Trying to make some kind social commentary requires being articulate. It’s just shocking, how inarticulate she is, despite being so educated. And using “rap 101” vocals, with no flow, just makes it even worse.
-John Gallagher

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm 

It doesn't matter how many times you explain Sarah Brand's Oxford sociology thesis project, people will still keep posting her social experiments and take victory laps about how they've identified that something that was meticulously designed to be terrible to everyone from her professors all the way down to a Georgian manure farmer was, indeed, terrible.

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Trying to make some kind social commentary requires being articulate.

Not at all, it just requires you to respond to it broadly in the way it was intended.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
You have to be able to hold a note at least semi-competently for autotune to be of any use.

Listen to modern Dream Theater and In Flames' studio recordings, then listen to their modern live shows. You might just have that illusion shattered.

It's staggering what pitch correction can do to the human voice.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:26 pm 

That could just mean they're terrible live singers but can still deliver in a studio setting with hundreds of potential re-takes.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:30 pm 

That may be true, and I don't doubt that their engineers go through a ton of headaches to squeeze a tune out of them. But I've experimented quite a bit with pitch correction software on my own time and, provided that you at least sang some kind of note, it's possible to sculpt performances that would have been completely unacceptable 40 years ago into something that is quite tolerable.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:02 pm 

Holy shit:

This was borderline catchy on the album. That's some of the worst singing I've ever heard.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:33 am 

Battles has a lot of surprisingly catchy choruses. Now if only the guy behind the mic could actually sing them.

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
It doesn't matter how many times you explain Sarah Brand's Oxford sociology thesis project, people will still keep posting her social experiments and take victory laps about how they've identified that something that was meticulously designed to be terrible to everyone from her professors all the way down to a Georgian manure farmer was, indeed, terrible.

Hexenmacht46290 wrote:
Trying to make some kind social commentary requires being articulate.

Not at all, it just requires you to respond to it broadly in the way it was intended.

I can’t react to it, because I don’t understand what she’s advocating. To me, it seems very insincere, or a parody. Since you seem to have information I don’t, can you explain to me, what is her sociology thesis? What is the meaning, behind the intentionally bad music? I’m interested, and would like to know.
-John Gallagher

DanielG06
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:53 pm 

Probably WAP by C#### # or Ready For It by Taylor Swift. Not because I hate pop, those songs just genuinely make me angry.

Lee Harrison wrote:
Evolution is call evolution I doubt that Oystein Aarseth wasn’t stab at death he was thinking the same bullshit of ‘90…

The sound of perseverance didn’t even came out under the name of Death….

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:13 am 

I don't seek out WAP ever, but when I do, I don't mind it - I usually just get a chuckle out of it. It's a stupid, fun song with some very funny sexual puns. Ready For It, though... not so much.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:17 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
I don't seek out WAP ever, but when I do, I don't mind it - I usually just get a chuckle out of it. It's a stupid, fun song with some very funny sexual puns. Ready For It, though... not so much.
I actually genuinely enjoy some of Taylor's music as harmless Pop songs, but why the fuck did she think she could rap?

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:20 pm 

You're thinking of Shake It Off. If I recall correctly, Ready For It doesn't have a rapped verse. Shake It Off, however, does, and it's one of the most horrifyingly cringe-worthy things I have ever heard. 1989 and Reputation are really bad albums, especially for coming after Red, which was a surprisingly diverse and well-written pop rock record with some country influence here and there.

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:34 am 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
You're thinking of Shake It Off. If I recall correctly, Ready For It doesn't have a rapped verse.
Nah, it does: https://youtu.be/wIft-t-MQuE

*shudder*

ThStealthK wrote:
Thank god you're not a music teacher, the wisest decision you've ever made in your life.

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:18 pm 

It does have a heavy emphasis on trap beats and typical modern hip hop vocal rhythms, but none of it is really rapping.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:00 pm 

DanielG06 wrote:
Probably WAP by C#### # or Ready For It by Taylor Swift. Not because I hate pop, those songs just genuinely make me angry.

Why did you censor the word "Cardi B"? Not a fan of her either, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to censor her name.

CreepingDeath16
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:27 pm 

How about worst songs you've never heard? I have a morbid curiosity to hear Animae Capronii's cover versions of Marraskuu by Miljoonasade, Vuorien taa by Indica (both Finnish pop-rock bands) and The Carpenter by Nightwish, all three found on AC's album "Red Shot One, No Two, Three, Four, Thousands!" (what the fuck does that even mean?). My curiosity is not morbid enough to go scouring for torrents, though. If someone has those lying around, do a service for the culture of mankind and post them to YouTube, please!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:32 pm 

CreepingDeath16 wrote:
How about worst songs you've never heard? I have a morbid curiosity to hear Animae Capronii's cover versions of Marraskuu by Miljoonasade, Vuorien taa by Indica (both Finnish pop-rock bands) and The Carpenter by Nightwish, all three found on AC's album "Red Shot One, No Two, Three, Four, Thousands!" (what the fuck does that even mean?). My curiosity is not morbid enough to go scouring for torrents, though. If someone has those lying around, do a service for the culture of mankind and post them to YouTube, please!

As the one guy that reviewed that album, I can assure you that there's no reason to ever listen to them or anything Animae Capronii ever did. Just about everything that guy made was horrible.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Smalley
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:24 pm 

Lord_Of_Diamonds wrote:
It does have a heavy emphasis on trap beats and typical modern hip hop vocal rhythms, but none of it is really rapping.
Well whatever you call it, all that matters is that it's horrible.

:-D

ThStealthK wrote:

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:22 am 

Oh, trust me, there's worse out there. Take a look at any number of one man slam and porngrind projects.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next