* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:50 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
A Backwards 6 wrote:
Better than almost every song of the rather dull To Hell With God, but if that's the best song of the new album i would be dissapointed. I somehow miss the fire.
Don't tell me why but Till Death do Us Part grows more and more to me. Play Severed Ties and Hate of All Hatreds live already >.<
Severed Ties is a mean tune :headbang:

aaronmb666 wrote:
Not worth $28
A CD, patch and t-shirt for $28 is pretty good isn't it?

It's just a cd and shirt, which I think would be $25, at the most. Would've made more sense to at least have the album cover for the shirt.

Sonofabitch Thirdgeneration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:10 pm 

A Backwards 6 wrote:
Don't tell me why but Till Death do Us Part grows more and more to me. Play Severed Ties and Hate of All Hatreds live already >.<

screw that, the title track and Not As Long As We Both Shall Live is where it's at

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:36 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 292988 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwampSlimer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:31 pm 

The colour scheme on that shirt is pretty unattractive. As aaronmb666 said, why not use the album art for the shirt?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:59 pm 

Aah I get it, the thing I thought was a patch is the front of the t-shirt :idea:
Old Legion Trifixion artwork ha ha

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:00 am 

That's a horrible colour for a t-shirt

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:33 am 

http://youtu.be/iZPMpNWMcSM
Thou Begone

My only complain is the lyrics, which have a newer six feet under vibe to them.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 am 

Very good track! It seems like this album will be great and way more in line with the first albums.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:31 am 

After remembering what Glen said about the bass, yeah, it really stands out.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:37 pm 

http://www.amazon.com/In-Minds-Evil-Dei ... s_dp_dpt_1

samples of all of them

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:24 pm 

I actually really liked Thou Begone and thought the lyrics were very stimulating. Glenn Benton is cool!
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 pm 

aaronmb666 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/In-Minds-Evil-Deicide/dp/B00G80YY4Y/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_1

samples of all of them

The most important thing is that it sounds like Deicide. To me, the last few albums have not really sounded like the same band that wrote albums like "Once Upon the Cross" and "Serpents of the Light"...still good, mind you, but more "modern", and focused on flair and speed, whereas classic Deicide was all about groove and catchiness. Here, we are seeing Deicide return to their classic, distinctive sound...that riff from "Trample the Cross" is one of the most powerful riffs I've heard all year! And "Beyond Salvation" is old school as fuck (the ending part of that sample brings me back to high school, sneaking headphones into math class to blast "Deicide and "Legion" :lol:)

So far, my only complaints are that Glen sounds a bit monotonous (but his voice still sounds great, and he is no longer abusing the double tracking like he did on previous albums), and that the vocal pattern to "Kill the Light of Christ" reminds me of some thing off "Serpents of the Light" (it might be "This is Hell We're In"...I can't remember). However, the riff is very "Legion"-esque, so it balanced out!! All in all, this album destroys the incredibly mediocre and boring Amon album that came out last year!!

Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:34 pm 

aaronmb666 wrote:
My only complain is the lyrics, which have a newer six feet under vibe to them.

And that's a bad thing how?

Just listened to Thou Begone and man this song beats the shit out of that other one they put out! Now I know Deicide are back on track and the new album is gonna kick ass. Oh and Kevin Quirion is still giving the middle finger to Ralph Santolla :)

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:40 pm 

I've listened to To Hell with God thoroughly and these past two tracks sound similar to certain songs contained. The fact no one has this opinion in the slightest degree gives me the impression no one actually listened to this album past the first go or half go or three songs at most.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:21 pm 

if people like boring uninspired death metal then of course anything from the modern deicide will suit you fine. They will never capture what the first couple of albums were all about. This new song is boring and forgettable just like everything they have done after those first couple of great albums.

Never forget this is Deicide.. not this new shit.

Maniac Matis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 pm 

Deicide is one of those bands that have been writing the same song for 20+ years. The only people I can see being crazy about this band are try-hard kids that hate their parents and delusional morons whose taste never matured. Sorry, but if you're in your 40s-50s still writing the same uninspired "I hate god" trivial garbage that you were writing when you were 18-20, then grow a pair or go fuck yourself. That's just how I feel. Really can't believe people still give a shit about this worthless, boring turd of a band.

Gorguts' new release, on the other hand. :-)

Edit: Godkill, Kill The Light of Christ...lol. Jesus fuck Benton you are an IDIOT. Between The Flesh And The Void sounds like it could potentially be a cool song though. Still have high doubts for anything that comes out of Glen Benton's mouth, or more appropriately, his asshole.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Unng. I'm ThRoBing

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:04 am 

Maniac Matis wrote:
Deicide is one of those bands that have been writing the same song for 20+ years. The only people I can see being crazy about this band are try-hard kids that hate their parents and delusional morons whose taste never matured. Sorry, but if you're in your 40s-50s still writing the same uninspired "I hate god" trivial garbage that you were writing when you were 18-20, then grow a pair or go fuck yourself. That's just how I feel. Really can't believe people still give a shit about this worthless, boring turd of a band.

Gorguts fans, everyone!

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:54 am 

Maniac Matis wrote:

Gorguts' new release, on the other hand. :-)

Edit: Godkill, Kill The Light of Christ...lol. Jesus fuck Benton you are an IDIOT. Between The Flesh And The Void sounds like it could potentially be a cool song though. Still have high doubts for anything that comes out of Glen Benton's mouth, or more appropriately, his asshole.

Hope you're aware that he doesn't take it seriously and that it's just a show. Not much else you can write about when your band is called Deicide.

sea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 am 

Last edited by sea on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 pm 

controlledbleeding wrote:
if people like boring uninspired death metal then of course anything from the modern deicide will suit you fine. They will never capture what the first couple of albums were all about. This new song is boring and forgettable just like everything they have done after those first couple of great albums.

You're wrong about one thing: Deicide's first 4 albums, Stench of Redemption, To Hell With God and by the looks of it In The Minds Of Evil are all really good records and anything but "boring uninspired death metal". The rest of their records however are the very embodiment of "boring uninspired death metal".

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:38 am 

After listening to the samples, Steve sounds like a beast.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 am 

Checked out 'Thou Begone'. Wow, that really surprised me, in a good way. I don't find it boring whatsoever and this coming from someone who regards the first two albums really highly in the genre. I never really checked out modern day Deicide because I was really put off with some songs on Scars of the Crucifix when it came out back then. Getting back to 'Thou Begone', sure it lacks that raw, youthful aggression but the track is quite promising.

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm 

These new songs sound like a continuation of To Hell With God. Killer stuff. I can't wait for this one to be released.

Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:37 am 

aaronmb666 wrote:

samples of all of them

I quite liked those... but then again I think I quite liked the initial samples of 'To hell with God' and now I can't bring myself to listen to it all the way through, so I'm still undecided about this one.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 pm 

Lagartija wrote:
aaronmb666 wrote:

samples of all of them

I quite liked those... but then again I think I quite liked the initial samples of 'To hell with God' and now I can't bring myself to listen to it all the way through, so I'm still undecided about this one.

I only listen to maybe half of it now and skip Jack's songs. On one of Steve's newer interviews, he mentions that they get almost no money from album sales....well, a lot of people thought the recent ones have sucked.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:04 pm 

The samples sound alright but the breathing in effect got tiresome quickly, that shit may have floated in the past and worked well with the more raw production but it sounds dated and forced now. My main gripe is they've been mocking the same religion for decades now, there's beating a dead horse and there's smashing a broken skeleton into a few more pieces. Give Islam a mouth full some time, I'm sure many people would welcome the change. As I assumed it's a continuation of To Hell With God only it seems faster, but it's pretty hard to tell based on samples.

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:54 pm 

C

Last edited by ~Guest 292988 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 pm 

Wow, that track was horrible. I enjoyed SOTC and TSOR, but this sounds like a really shitty Cannibal Corpse song. Jack Owen is a chump and Ralph Santolla's power metal solos were one of the things that made TSOR entertaining.

I guess Jack Owen was playing this Hammerskin (white supremacist) event in hopes that Arghoslent's ability to write good death metal would rub off on him?

Spoiler: show

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:50 pm 

S

Last edited by ~Guest 292988 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:50 pm 

The music on Thou Begone was alright, but the lyrics suck in every possible way lyrics can suck. Newer Deicide's always much better when you don't know what's being said.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:19 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Wow, that track was horrible. I enjoyed SOTC and TSOR, but this sounds like a really shitty Cannibal Corpse song. Jack Owen is a chump and Ralph Santolla's power metal solos were one of the things that made TSOR entertaining.

I guess Jack Owen was playing this Hammerskin (white supremacist) event in hopes that Arghoslent's ability to write good death metal would rub off on him?

Spoiler: show

I don't know, man. I'm pretty sure In Death I Become were not a white supremacist band. I knew some of the guys and they were more-or-less just rednecks who enjoyed getting wasted in the woods and pretending to be vikings. That said, they were known to sacrifice animals and cover themselves in the blood onstage, but I'm pretty sure they were not racists, just idiots and posers. Their singer started a damn country band after they broke up, and drawing up the seals from the Simon Necronomicon, posting it all on facebook :lol:.

Corpicide665
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am 

I'd like to set the record straight on all this hammerskin, white supremacist bullshit. I did a session for the band Attack years ago. They called themselves "combat metal". The singer was ex-military, and was a maniac who it seemed, hated everyone. They were recording an album at the studio next to my old rehearsal space. The producer owned both facilities and knew I was always there, working on new material or jamming. I was off the road for a while and pretty broke so I played a bunch of one take shitty solos for a couple hundred bucks, and that was all there was to it. I've never even seen any of them since. I've never played shows with Attack, or played solo at the event on this flyer. What the hell would I do for a solo set? (I should've played a bunch of Charley Pride songs...) The fact that they've placed my name everywhere, associating me with them is fucked up. Now people on here saying I should "die by ni**er dick"? And please don't wipe your ass with your old Cannibal Corpse cds and burn them. Anyone who has met me knows I'm pretty laid back and definitely not racist. Just a semi-alcoholic metal fan like everyone else. So if anyone has questions about this crap, or the new Deicide album, feel free. I noticed all the posts on here on Gunshy Assassin and had to say something.
Jack Owen
Wait, I'm a mallcore kid???? Shit...

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 am 

...didn't expect that

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:12 pm 

Corpicide665 wrote:
I'd like to set the record straight on all this hammerskin, white supremacist bullshit. I did a session for the band Attack years ago. They called themselves "combat metal". The singer was ex-military, and was a maniac who it seemed, hated everyone. They were recording an album at the studio next to my old rehearsal space. The producer owned both facilities and knew I was always there, working on new material or jamming. I was off the road for a while and pretty broke so I played a bunch of one take shitty solos for a couple hundred bucks, and that was all there was to it. I've never even seen any of them since. I've never played shows with Attack, or played solo at the event on this flyer. What the hell would I do for a solo set? (I should've played a bunch of Charley Pride songs...) The fact that they've placed my name everywhere, associating me with them is fucked up. Now people on here saying I should "die by ni**er dick"? And please don't wipe your ass with your old Cannibal Corpse cds and burn them. Anyone who has met me knows I'm pretty laid back and definitely not racist. Just a semi-alcoholic metal fan like everyone else. So if anyone has questions about this crap, or the new Deicide album, feel free. I noticed all the posts on here on Gunshy Assassin and had to say something.
Jack Owen

I have always wondered about that, thanks for setting things straight! And Jack Owen doing a country set would be awesome, like this: http://youtu.be/NmcxkeRQ2ok?t=4m57s

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:27 pm 

Wow, thanks for clearing that up, Jack. That's fucked up that they put your name on the flyer, because that has been pointed to a few times over the years with all the negative connotations that come with it.

Apologies for being misinformed by that.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:32 pm 

Things like that happening make me wonder how many big names in metal actually lurk on the forums but don't post.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm 

haha awesome post by Jack! I met him in the crowd at a CC show when I was like 18. My buddy and I told him we started listening to CC in 4th grade and he said "damn I'm sorry to hear that" that was awesome :lol:

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:37 pm 

Corpicide665 wrote:
Jack Owen

Thanks for clearing that up, Jack. Always wondered about that....

Obligatory Last FM Link

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:56 pm 

Corpicide665 wrote:
So if anyone has questions about this crap, or the new Deicide album, feel free. I noticed all the posts on here on Gunshy Assassin and had to say something.
Jack Owen

Which songs did you write for the new album?

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
Things like that happening make me wonder how many big names in metal actually lurk on the forums but don't post.

Produce more libel and let's find out

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next